Old 09-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 463 Times in 215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
My girlfriend ordered one. She already has a 2016 Octothorpe, but she was super excited to be able to pick out all or her own colors.

She sounds hot, does she have a sister?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 123
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 650 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantay318 View Post
Didn't want to make a new thread so bringing this one back from the dead. How much bigger is the haul than the thorpe? On Pound's website the dimensions are exactly the same but the haul weighs a few ounces more. Anyone have experience with both?
I'm sure the Haul can be adjusted to exactly the Thorpe dimensions by tightening the side straps. I believe that the only difference in 2018 versions is that the lower side pockets are just a touch wider on the Haul, with those straps to shrink the bigger pockets down as desired. +/- a few discs on each side. So the couple ounces of weight difference really boil down to a square foot of fabric, plus the webbing and hardware for the side compression straps.

My $0.02:

I have a 2016 Thorpe, so still with the "smaller" tall side pockets and the 2 drink holders instead of the larger pocket on one side. And it holds a LOT. Almost too much sometimes...like, I'll forget that something is in one of the pockets for a few weeks. Then I find that missing tube of sunscreen (or whatever) and realize I've just been carrying unused weight for my last half dozen rounds.

So really, the Haul is nice, but it would be overkill for me. I need nothing more than 20 discs, rain jacket, rain fly, 2L of water, other beverages in a mini cooler, sunscreen, bug spray, pencils, 3 minis, extra bandana, space for garbage, zip-on pant legs...and that's it! Honestly, no need for me to drop any more dollars on the Haul. But I'm a minimalist. I'm sure that other folks who carry more around are truly getting optimal usage out of the Octohaul.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 700 Times in 287 Posts

Agree with Throwbot. I have the "updated" Thorpe. It's still massive. I carry 27 discs with plenty of room for other stuff just because I can and I can work on cycles during casual rounds and don't have to pull discs in and out based on what course I'm going to. If I was going to play a tournament you can fit 20 plus the deluxe goodies easily.

The only reason to get the Haul is if you want to haul around your closet.

Niced: (2)