Old 06-07-2019, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 787 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Renegade is my least favorite DD disc. Absolutely a turd of a driver, and it doesn't fly as advertised. This one has to be at the top of the chopping block.

I don't think I've ever been as mad/disappointed in a mold as I was with this one.
Your take on this mold is bizarre. Not every mold is for every player. There is absolutely nothing wrong wit that mold. It serves a very important role in their lineup. I'll probably give them another go eventually in my never ending search for a distance driver for downwind.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 27
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
That would really suck if they drop the Tursas. I'd probably have to switch to Stingrays
Yeah, the Tursas really is the best out of the box flippy mid. Would be very hard to replace. I think I can get my workhorse Evidence beat into Tursas territory eventually, but if they both get axed then I've got big problems. This pre-announcement announcement is just causing a lot of unnecesary anxiety as it makes us worry about every mold that isn't wildly popular or new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Stag scares me... I may just go buy 3...
I'm a very recent convert to Stags, but I love them. I've got a max weight with a huge dome that flies almost as stable as a Teebird, and then a 169g with less dome that is super workable and kind of an FD level of stability but with a little more finish. In different weight/dome combos Stags can really fill just about any stability you could want in a fairway driver, other than a true headwind fighter. I'm looking forward to beating in the 169g to see if it eventually can take over Hatchet flip-to-turnover duties. I guess I could go back to Escapes, but I've really enjoyed the slightly lower speed that the Stag offers. Plus, the Stag seems to respond better to release angles for me.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 27
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
...I'll probably give them another go eventually in my never ending search for a distance driver for downwind.
Plasma MVP Wave. It makes a HUGE difference in Plasma vs the other plastics. That extra dome that they get in Plasma plastic makes them a fantastic hyzerflip or tailwind driver.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 966 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Yeah, the Tursas really is the best out of the box flippy mid. Would be very hard to replace. I think I can get my workhorse Evidence beat into Tursas territory eventually, but if they both get axed then I've got big problems. This pre-announcement announcement is just causing a lot of unnecesary anxiety as it makes us worry about every mold that isn't wildly popular or new.

I'm a very recent convert to Stags, but I love them. I've got a max weight with a huge dome that flies almost as stable as a Teebird, and then a 169g with less dome that is super workable and kind of an FD level of stability but with a little more finish. In different weight/dome combos Stags can really fill just about any stability you could want in a fairway driver, other than a true headwind fighter. I'm looking forward to beating in the 169g to see if it eventually can take over Hatchet flip-to-turnover duties. I guess I could go back to Escapes, but I've really enjoyed the slightly lower speed that the Stag offers. Plus, the Stag seems to respond better to release angles for me.
Your release angle comment is why I love them. It’s the only disc that for me has ever been able to both do a straight to fade line and hold an anhyzer to the ground if you need it to at over 350 ft.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 298 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
That would really suck if they drop the Tursas. I'd probably have to switch to Stingrays
Lat64 Fuse is vv similar to the Tursas in my experience. Basically the same disc
Old 06-07-2019, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Niced 787 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Plasma MVP Wave. It makes a HUGE difference in Plasma vs the other plastics. That extra dome that they get in Plasma plastic makes them a fantastic hyzerflip or tailwind driver.
I have one, and it's in the mix there. Our courses have been flooded for so long that i have not been able to play much. I should probably use this time to throw all these things downwind at the soccer fields.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts

I think the easy to throw line might be gone. Gavel, Proof, Breakout. I also think the Thief has gotten replaced between the Maverick and Vandal. I think one between the Truth and Evidence will go. Possibly the Warrant, since the Patrol is out. I could see the Freedom and Renegade going away from the distance drivers. Hard to imagine they would get rid of anything that's been molded up in the last couple years, so I don't see the Captain, Sheriff, or Slammer going anywhere, even though they don't seem the most popular.

So that adds up to... 8? I have no idea where the other 4 will come from. I throw Judge, Verdict, Getaway, and Felon, so I personally hope it isn't any of those.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 666 Times in 329 Posts

Judges and Felons aren't going anywhere, those are crazy popular
Old 06-07-2019, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,458 Times in 1,490 Posts

The Trilogy lineup is so full of clutter at this point this is a good move.

Niced: (2)

Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts

I think Westside and Lat64 are more cluttered than DD, but there might be some popularity overseas with some of those molds that I'm not aware of.