Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 666 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Honestly, I've never had a bent disc like that that didn't go back to flat with a few days sitting on a flat surface. Give it a little time on a warm day on flat concrete if that doesn't work.
Necrobump to say thanks for this. It just rescued a brand new S-FD I tacoed up yesterday. I had stupidly left it in my trunk under my bag. Left it today on a flat surface under the backglass of my car and it's almost completely back to normal. Wow
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2019, 01:20 PM
Par Member

Niced 138 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Necrobump to say thanks for this. It just rescued a brand new S-FD I tacoed up yesterday. I had stupidly left it in my trunk under my bag. Left it today on a flat surface under the backglass of my car and it's almost completely back to normal. Wow
Did it fly the same? I wasn’t trying to fix a bent disc but I did the same to a reaper and it went from meathook to laser straight with a touch of fade at the end.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 30
Niced 666 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Did it fly the same? I wasn’t trying to fix a bent disc but I did the same to a reaper and it went from meathook to laser straight with a touch of fade at the end.
Can't say, I've never thrown it before. I picked it up Tuesday, tossed it in the trunk of my car, then forgot about it until yesterday. My bag had been sitting on it since.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:04 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 2,099 Times in 791 Posts

When I bend the rim on a golf disc step one is always leave it outside on the patio table with the umbrella closed so the sun hits it. It works 80% of the time. If it doesn't I throw it to see if it actually makes any difference because sometimes the disc flies just fine like that. I taco'ed a Roc once where it altered the flight a bit but that flight was still useful so off we went. If the disc is actually trashed, I just replace it. Not rocket science or anything.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 71 Times in 30 Posts

See bent disc, eyeball it, bend to suit, eyeball again, throw disc, end of story. I'm old. Don't bother me kid. And stay off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2019, 09:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 679 Times in 584 Posts

I had a Star Shark 175 grams I ordered that should have been a Factory 2 disc, the disc was like G-Star but not grippy like G-Star and had a factory made bump out in the mold and dent in right next to it. I will still use the disc but the disc is bad in that spot so on the red disc I took a magenta Sharpie and marked the spot on rim, the other Star Shark 175 grams I ordered was not bad and more normal for a Star Shark. I see why right now all the Star Shark discs are going Factory second, the Star Shark I got in 2016 had so much flashing that only came off when I needed to use the Shark as a windy putter.

the bent rim Soft gummy Star Shark can not be fixed. I will Use it in place of my old 175 gram Pro Shark when that gets to be US and not what I am looking for.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-28-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,143 Times in 395 Posts

I had a first run Thunderbird that was wedged between some stuff in the trunk. It was pretty warped and didn't come close to flying like it was supposed to. Stuck it under a stack of discs and forgot about it. When I eventually checked, it was back to normal.

Niced: (1)

Old 06-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 679 Times in 584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I had a first run Thunderbird that was wedged between some stuff in the trunk. It was pretty warped and didn't come close to flying like it was supposed to. Stuck it under a stack of discs and forgot about it. When I eventually checked, it was back to normal.
Yeah 90% of the time that works also do not keep discs in the car, this is an example why.

I warped a putter in modern Pro D on a tree and if you fixed one part the other was not close so I had to toss the disc. The Putter was getting old anyhow was a early modern Pro D plastic disc anyhow from 2007 so the plastic was becoming like old Soft Pro D yeah that old when it got warped in 2016. Dumb me putting poor on a bad hole while on vacation, the hole had only one spot to putt into cliff on one side and a tree on the other. I tried a hyzer putt, hit tree, and warped a disc.