Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I like the lucid Verdict. Sometimes I take it along when it's windy to compare to the Wasp. They're about the same. Really haven't broken in the Verdict too much so it will be interesting to see how it flies as it beats in.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
A Domey Trident might be that disc.
For real. I haven't been able to find one in person yet. In the meantime I need to start my campaign to convince Thomas to put a Giant top on a xXx or Trident rim.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,073 Times in 516 Posts

Flat Classic Verdicts would be sweet.

Only way I could see cycling them.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,503 Times in 1,592 Posts

Snaques' call of the Verdict as a midrange PD is pretty much how I feel too. Dead straight to fade. No turn pretty much ever in normal throws. Long predictable hyzers. Annies that hold until a forward fade/flex, and never burn. No BS...it does what you want it to and is pretty forgiving as long as you throw it hard. I've never been confused or wondered what was happening mid flight. People always notice it in rounds, how it predictably does what you want. Plus I love how it feels in the hand. It's not my main mid as it's got a bit too much fade for all around duty, but I'm always happy when I have the chance to throw it.

My only complaint is that it's really fast for a mid, so it has to be thrown pretty hard for it to show its desired qualities. But that's also how it gets such good distance while still being overstable.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Forgot to mention that I've only thrown the Lucid ones.

Are the (Bio)Fuzion ones substantially more OS? Is it possible to get that beef in the Verdict mold or is it rather similar in all plastics?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

From what I've seen, the stock stamp Lucid heavy-weights are the most OS. I'm starting to be able to turn my Prototype (175g) a little bit but still have it flatten out and sit down nicely or take a forced anny all the way to the ground. They do have a bit of a PD flight-pattern (shorter, obviously) - throw it flat and it'll go straight a good ways before slowing down and giving a moderate fade. The Fuzion I have is nice, in between the Proto and Lucid-stock-stamp - maybe a little bit faster even with the super flat profile.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post
I always wanted a Verdict. But my local shop doesn't have higher weights Lucid. So I still wait - maybe I try the Bard in the meantime...

Thus far I haven't really noticed any difference in various weights with lucid. I've got a 168, 170 and 176 and they all show the same awesome hss and will fight strong winds without giving up. I don't even really see any difference in distance between them.

Shorter PD, or a longer Gator. Not as aggressive as a Gator but it's very similar and that's exactly what I was looking for when I found the Verdict. Nice to have a really hss mid with dependable fade that isn't too short and isn't a fairway. There are a lot of mids that compete in this slot but most don't have the true 0 hss and/or they have a huge fade. Awesome niche slot the Verdict fills. Tensor is the only other one I thought was close here.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

So who is starting to hoard Prototypes? The price on them has been rising pretty steadily on FB pages and eBay; I'm guessing they are popular for their stability - right in between a Lucid Truth and Lucid Verdict.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Hyzerman View Post
So who is starting to hoard Prototypes? The price on them has been rising pretty steadily on FB pages and eBay; I'm guessing they are popular for their stability - right in between a Lucid Truth and Lucid Verdict.
I really need to try another prototype... It just always surprises me when people say the protos are less stable, because my proto is a beast compared to my production run 178g lucid verdict. My production run will go dead straight on a good rip out to 275' before a healthy fade out to 300'. My proto on the other hand wants to begin its fade at 100', and the fade gets progressively harder until it hits ground out to about 285'... So about 10'-15' shorter than my production run if thrown flat.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I'm still working over my Verdicts trying to soften them up - my Proto is starting to get a nice slow fade on it and seems to have a bit more glide (or is just holding straight lines longer). I'm trying to work it into the general area of a new Lucid Truth and have only a single Fuzion truth in my bag. I've still got plenty of beef left in my stock Lucids and I'm working on a Fuzion trying to soften it up. Anyone here throwing Fuzion Verdicts? Still holding out a slim hope for Classic Verdicts at some point, but with it not being in regular production in Fuzion, I'm not holding my breath.