Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 124 Times in 100 Posts

My ideal basket? A Mach X with a top band, all stainless steel construction for $75 -- is that being too greedy?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2017, 02:09 PM

Niced 16 Times in 10 Posts

Maybe run an electrical current throughout the basket and replace the chains with razor wire?? PLAY FOR BLOOD!!! I'm kidding but the self leveling basket seems like a interesting idea? I'd like to see how complicated the base would need to be to make this happen and how heavy would it be??
Old 11-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 21
Niced 97 Times in 67 Posts

Powder coat the chains to minimize sound, delve leveling would be sweet, practical though? Ease of moving would be beneficial. Would love to see courses able to switch pin positions quickly and efficiently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 12:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Niced 55 Times in 49 Posts

Do not go with the Prodigy style basket, the top level one with all those extra chains linking the outer rows of chain together I have seen YouTube footage of Pros missing on those because they are not a slam putter or a float putter. Prodigy has a second best basket that has just the inner chains like that an that seems like a nice basket though yet to play on that one.

I was thinking a basket that is like a Mach V type basket but in a color or comes with the top number part so you can see the basket, those are the best ones I have played on in the market, I bet the Mach X is a good basket too.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 156
Niced 43 Times in 26 Posts

Do exactly what Casey said. I'm sure if you ask you can get him to elaborate. Success will hinge on following his instructions exactly though. Skipping a step will lead to utter failure.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:57 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
Do exactly what Casey said. I'm sure if you ask you can get him to elaborate. Success will hinge on following his instructions exactly though. Skipping a step will lead to utter failure.
The Mach V knock off with same basket dimentions for hight on all the parts seems like a good way to go, make the top like the Mach III but have the set dimensions for inner set of chains to be like the Mach V set and size. If not that then make the basket be a Mach V with the chain position but instead have a band for the top like the Innova one or the MVP one or the Latitude 64 one. The bottom catcher part of the basket should be like the higher new type of baskets or they are not PDGA approved for most tournaments

that would be easy to copy is the Lighting DB-5 that basket but with an inner set of chains that are smaller and hang like the Lighting DB-5 outer set.

There is already a knock off of the Innova Discatcher Sport better then the Discatcher sport out on the market, no need to copy that.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 120
Niced 135 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtho View Post
I've seen many people have a basket either indoors or in a small yard where noise is a problem. How about a "silent" practice model?

It could come with plastic over the chains like a swing set. Maybe a foam spray or rubber coating on the pole, basket sides, and the ring at the top to deaden the "clank" of the ring hitting the pole or the disc hitting the side.
If I wrap the pole on my Traveler with a piece of foam pipe insulation, it's pretty darn quiet
Old 11-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 42 Times in 33 Posts

I agree with Casey - more, heavier, harder to cut through chains is not always better.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 3
Niced 28 Times in 20 Posts

All of this talking about noise makes me glad I live out in the country and noise is not an issue. I love the sound of chains ringing!

Old 12-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
All of this talking about noise makes me glad I live out in the country and noise is not an issue. I love the sound of chains ringing!
Small town and most in my area do not mind the ringing. Just don't do it late at night for some people.