Old 04-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 8 Posts
Post Big Nasty's bag

I've been playing dg competitively for over six years. My bag was a revolving door for about half that time. I've been using my current set up for the last two years. I feel that it is pretty well balanced apart from one or two spots. If you can't tell by my bag composite I started playing before we had so many legitimate manufactures to choose from, so if you suggest a disc outside of Innova or disccraft please include a comparison instead of flight numbers. Fwiw I prefer to cycle molds to cover slots as opposed a different mold for each slot.

Putters
174g er Wizard-main putting putter
174 SS Wizard- long putts/lay ups
175g ER Wizard- US putter
175g ER Wizard- neutral
175g ER Wizard- stable
I feel pretty good about my putter section. I keep a solid rotation intact to keep my slots covered.

Mids
180g Z Comet
180g Dx Roc- pretty beat up
180g Champ Roc3-stable
180g Champ Roc3- pretty fresh, mainly just a back up
I feel little incomplete about my midrange category. There is some overlap with the Comet and a Roc but I can't bring myself to take either one out. For the better part of a year I tried to find an OS mid before I realized that I'm just forcing a slot that is already covered. I feel like I need something neutral; my main Roc3 is almost there.

Fairways
175g Star Leopard
175g C-line FD
175 Camp Eagle-x
Once again there maybe some overlap with the Leopard and FD but I feel not enough to worry about.

Utility
175g Star Roadrunner- rollers
178g Esp Zone
172g Lucid Felon
175g Star Xcal
Pretty straight forward.

Drivers
175g Champ Thunderbird-still working this in
175g Pro Wraith-best distance disc,
169g Star Destroyer-US, almost ready to roll
175g Star Destroyer- neutral, comparable to my wraith in distance but a little less control
175g Glow Destroyer- stable to os
175g Star Destroyer-OS
Once again pretty straight forward.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2016, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 50
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

What's wrong with the mids? Most would say beat a roc till it covers neutral and US shots, but if the comet satisfies that, carry it.

What do the felon and xcal do differently? Do you get more distance with one or more fade?

If you have used this setup for two years, it must be fairly good for you. If you are looking for holes ITB, play some new courses and see if you don't have a shot covered. In all, I'd play your bag and would feel pretty confident.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I like your setup, I really do. On paper, I'm not sure you need both a Destroyer and a Wraith, but you know more about their jobs than I do. I would keep pluggin away.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:15 PM

Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

As a new player, I have a quick question about your wizards. Do wizards tend to get to get more understable as they get worn? Or how did you manage to fill all of your desired slots with wizards?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distyn View Post
As a new player, I have a quick question about your wizards. Do wizards tend to get to get more understable as they get worn? Or how did you manage to fill all of your desired slots with wizards?
yes wizards will get more under stable as they beat in. I used to just use a softer blend to take care of under stable duties but found that once it broke in I hated the soft and floppy feel. What I do now, like most wizard throwers, is when I find a blend that I really like I will buy a stack of them. The next step is to cycle them in when others beat in to much or find their way out of my bag. For example my us wizard was my fresh stable to os thrower when it first went in the bag. This way I have my slots covered with disc with a near identical feel. Hope this helps!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:56 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
What's wrong with the mids? Most would say beat a roc till it covers neutral and US shots, but if the comet satisfies that, carry it.

What do the felon and xcal do differently? Do you get more distance with one or more fade?

If you have used this setup for two years, it must be fairly good for you. If you are looking for holes ITB, play some new courses and see if you don't have a shot covered. In all, I'd play your bag and would feel pretty confident.
The Dx roc and comet combo prolly does cover everything. I chalk it up to me trying to find a problem.
The Xcal has more distance and fade. Basically just a longer option I also use it to flick when times get desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllustratorVir View Post
I like your setup, I really do. On paper, I'm not sure you need both a Destroyer and a Wraith, but you know more about their jobs than I do. I would keep pluggin away.
I can work a few more lines with the wraith than the destroyer. That is the gist of it.

Thanks for the responses!