Old 05-15-2016, 03:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts
Default Zuca Cart

I'm not seeing a thread, so I'm starting one. I bought one of these about two weeks ago. Couple of things, the inside pencil holder is no longer there in this model, and the insert for holding discs is white.

The cart is quite nice, and well built. However, day one, one of the knobs that holds the wheels on came off and was lost. It is quite likely my fault, but tighten them down well! That said, I replaced mine with wing nuts from Home Depot, tightened them down, went out and one came off by hole four. This doesn't surprise me, I built a very similar cart a few years ago and had the same problem. It is the threads and free rotation of the shaft. Not bad design, just reality.

You can do several things, first, Locktite. It keeps threaded nuts from coming off, but makes it hard to get them off unless you have a tool. There are different versions, some that are lighter in consistency and thus, don't hold quite as tightly.

What I've done is what I did last time. I pulled the shaft and drilled two small holes just outside of where the wingnuts, I'm now using, tighten to, when assembled. I then inserted a removable cotter pin to prevent the nuts from coming off. That is great for me but not for those with original equipment.

I do wish there was a designated pencil area, and a designated mini area. Last, the pocket on the side opposite from the putter side goes all the way down. That means that anything in there slides down between the bag, discs, and the metal frame. Kind of a pain to my thinking.

All the bad aside, the build and ergonomics of the cart are fantastic. The handle set up and even the space in the back allows me to insert my disc retriever.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Whoops, wrong thread, sigh.