Old 10-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 26 Posts

I've owned a couple of Avenger SS's in ESP FLX, I thought they flew as advertised, not a huge arm, but have gotten some of my longest drives ever with them, was maybe a bit more stable than a Roadrunner. Sucks the plastic wasn't as popular, if I threw more Discraft I wouldn't have minded trying a Buzzz or Zone in it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 708 Times in 402 Posts

The Drone should only be thrown in it's native plastic. 10/10 would FLX again. It is funny how they initially released the Drone in a winter plastic - in white

I had an ASS in FLX that I liked but didn't care for the Surge I had. My guess is the slower the disc the more you'll like FLX. Had a couple Buzzz' in it and though I enjoyed them I'm a sucker for ESP Buzzz' so that's the route I'm going to continue to take.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 705 Times in 551 Posts

The FLX Nuke SS is seriously the worst driver I've ever thrown. Complete god-awful piece of crap. I don't really care how the plastic feels. I'm not a super fan of gummy plastic anyway, but FLX simply doesn't fly right.

It could be better in mids. I don't know. I don't care.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 708 Times in 402 Posts

^I respect your opinion and yeah don't throw that disc then.

Devil's advocate, why do you think people carry a Brinster TB, beat Champ/Star, and a DX? That way the disc feels the same in your hand yet covers more than one flight. Not the first person in this thread to mention that...

Same goes for countless other molds. How is that better or worse than a FB, TB, Sidewinder combo (for example)?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
The FLX Nuke SS is seriously the worst driver I've ever thrown. Complete god-awful piece of crap. I don't really care how the plastic feels. I'm not a super fan of gummy plastic anyway, but FLX simply doesn't fly right.

It's not the plastic. It's just how that one disc you have in your possession molded up (which, as mentioned earlier, can be an issue with gummy plastics and wide rimmed drivers.) A FLX Nuke SS with a regular plh for that mold, should fly fine. I've a FLX Force that flies just like my Ti. We both seem to not like floppy discs, but if we did, we would be able to handpick some good FLX distance drivers .

So you don't care about how it is in mids, so the thread is more, "does FLX suck in drivers?" Well, it seems: not in freezing temps, not in woods where you want to avoid massive tree kicks, and not to mold minimalists. If you hate floppy discs or can't hand pick them based on plh? Yes, it sucks.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:52 PM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 172 NukeSS in ESP FLX that I really enjoy throwing. IMO it’s held on to its flight characteristics longer than any other driver I’ve had. Still over stable enough for forehand drives and it does really well in wooded courses where tree hits are kind of inevitable. Also had an ESP Flx Buzz, but I really did prefer my Z buzz over that, probably just never beat him in. All in all o think the plastic is fine, maybe you just caught a dud.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 85
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

I did not think they made a FLX Nuke SS. I think you are talking about the 'Z FLX" Nuke SS. That plastic is apparently replacing the original FLX plastic. I don't particularly like that plastic the same as the FLX or technically ESP FLX in any mold.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 705 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

I did not think they made a FLX Nuke SS. I think you are talking about the 'Z FLX" Nuke SS. That plastic is apparently replacing the original FLX plastic. I don't particularly like that plastic the same as the FLX or technically ESP FLX in any mold.
Nope, its definitely ESP. The disc is a freak of nature. I'll send free to anyone who needs a suck ass driver. Flies like a dinner plate.