#3701  
Old 11-07-2017, 12:01 PM
cjman cjman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,130
Niced 131 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
All the different runs and variations in the PDs is why I stopped throwing them. Is it a 4th run or a 12th run? Wait I thought the more OS one was the 9th. Its a headache and a shot in the dark. Pd is a great mold, its just not worth the trouble. And now with ppd taken off the market? Ill look elsewhere for the control OS driver.
How is this a big deal? Are you constantly losing your PDs? Some may not be as OS as others, but very few are not good discs that cover a variety of shots. Do you realize that virtually EVERY Large manufacturer mold has many runs with variation like the PD has? This is one of the few that is tracked so we can identify any subtle differences. There are a bunch of 3 line AJ runs with shape and plastic variations, but 99% of people group them together as 3 lines and calls them inconsistent.

If you’ve been throwing them for years, how do you not have several backups that you prefer throwing?
I found I liked 3rd runs - bought 8. Have lost 1 in 4 years and given 2 away, still set for many years to come, plus Ive added few newbies that fit my fancy.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3702  
Old 11-07-2017, 12:11 PM
cjman cjman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,130
Niced 131 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
.
the only reason the 3rd runs are coveted/pricey is because they’re so durable and hold stability forever. but the flight itself isn’t that different from any other typical run. and also because Eagle waxed poetic about them.
Many preferred the 3rd run before anyone had heard of Eagle. 3rd was the first run of C that was a true PD (often reproduced - now this flight style is more readily available as you mentioned).

For years it was just the 3 runs available.
First runs were flat and OS, not big distance potential for most players. And not readily available. Many were CFRs and the rest slowly trickled out of the warehouse.
Second runs were made with junk plastic and plus molded. Gross.
Then came third run, with pearly hard plastic, a smooth dome, same resistance to turn as a first run but with more glide and less dump.
Reply With Quote
  #3703  
Old 11-07-2017, 12:25 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

The second runs aren't nearly as bad as people say. They were just released at the height of plus-mold hatred. They're kind of like a shield stamp compared to a FR in S-Line speak. Hardly gross.
Reply With Quote
  #3704  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:21 PM
dehaas dehaas is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Swansea, IL
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,051
Niced 217 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
The second runs aren't nearly as bad as people say. They were just released at the height of plus-mold hatred. They're kind of like a shield stamp compared to a FR in S-Line speak. Hardly gross.
I liked the plastic on the second runs, all the ones i felt up were fairly gummy. Backhand the slanted rim wasn’t too terrible but I noticed it more on forehand throws.
Reply With Quote
  #3705  
Old 11-07-2017, 06:26 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,164
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,623 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
They didn't restock, those have been there for awhile. It's actually my personal stock and your announcement has forced me to order 4 more.
Some things were there, but they did restock some things, as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3706  
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,621
Niced 1,228 Times in 539 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
The second runs aren't nearly as bad as people say. They were just released at the height of plus-mold hatred. They're kind of like a shield stamp compared to a FR in S-Line speak. Hardly gross.
They flew great.
Reply With Quote
  #3707  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 PM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,154
Niced 162 Times in 81 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013
Default

the game within the game. Finding a disc you like and buying 30 so you never run out.
Reply With Quote
  #3708  
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,169
Niced 1,984 Times in 1,142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
How is this a big deal? Are you constantly losing your PDs? Some may not be as OS as others, but very few are not good discs that cover a variety of shots. Do you realize that virtually EVERY Large manufacturer mold has many runs with variation like the PD has? This is one of the few that is tracked so we can identify any subtle differences. There are a bunch of 3 line AJ runs with shape and plastic variations, but 99% of people group them together as 3 lines and calls them inconsistent.

If you’ve been throwing them for years, how do you not have several backups that you prefer throwing?
I found I liked 3rd runs - bought 8. Have lost 1 in 4 years and given 2 away, still set for many years to come, plus Ive added few newbies that fit my fancy.

I used to throw them, I dont anymore, because I choose to throw from 2 companies that consistently make discs. So this "variation" and your two examples strongly seems like this is an innova problem
Reply With Quote
  #3709  
Old 11-07-2017, 08:03 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
the game within the game. Finding a disc you like and buying 30 so you never run out.
This
Reply With Quote
 

  #3710  
Old 11-08-2017, 12:06 PM
mojorisin35's Avatar
mojorisin35 mojorisin35 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kamloops bc
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 205
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
I used to throw them, I dont anymore, because I choose to throw from 2 companies that consistently make discs. So this "variation" and your two examples strongly seems like this is an innova problem
which companies are you referring to?
I don't know of any company which does not have variations in mold and plastic runs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fairway Driver That Can Handle Power? MikeM Discs 46 04-25-2015 04:23 PM
G-Line PD Freak (Power Driver) Flip Hyzerman Discs 16 09-02-2014 11:50 AM
DISCMANIA POWER DRIVER 2 Daisuke The Marketplace 2 02-16-2014 12:25 PM
First run Power Driver.....$7 JustSayin' The Marketplace 3 09-20-2011 12:31 PM
Low Power Headwind Driver hendersondayton Discs 47 04-13-2011 12:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.