Old 08-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,449 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Not sure why Id buy a black hole when I could have an Axiom any color I want for the same price.

Anybody got a good reason? Likely will buy in a couple weeks. Its going to take me some time to decide. #handwringing

Baskets would be for a small home course. Left outside forever. Thoughts?
I know I appreciated the black band on the Portals because they kind of blend into the yard better than a bright color. If I were putting in a private course, I'd go black so the bands wouldn't stand out in the woods when I'm not throwing.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 465 Times in 282 Posts

I’ve had a Costco basket (pacific outdoors) in the yard for 2.( years now. No rust, only some fading of the color. Catches well enough for practice and I don’t have to worry about it. Actually kinda good for practice because you almost have to hit low and just a touch right when putting hard. Helps dial in that sweet spot
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 632 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I know I appreciated the black band on the Portals because they kind of blend into the yard better than a bright color. If I were putting in a private course, I'd go black so the bands wouldn't stand out in the woods when I'm not throwing.

Thats why they make more than one kind of ice cream too... something for everyone! I like bright and the area is pretty dark as its densely wooded.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 626 Times in 298 Posts

I won my discatcher sport at the 2002 North Carolina flying disc championship. Its been in the yard for 16 years. It is still in fine working order.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 707 Times in 401 Posts

Quote:
Not sure why I’d buy a black hole when I could have an Axiom any color I want for the same price.

Anybody got a good reason?
Likely will buy in a couple weeks. It’s going to take me some time to decide. #handwringing

Well, I totally regret buying my Mach Lite in red.

Figured I would get it for high visibility through sundown but it's an eye sore regardless of what time it is. Every single time I use it I wish I had gotten a different color. The basket itself is nice, I added extra chains and modified the outer set to be more narrow (smaller target for better practice purposes)...but it's still bright red. Seven years and still running strong so can't justify replacing it yet. YMMV

Old 08-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 145 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Not sure why Id buy a black hole when I could have an Axiom any color I want for the same price.

Anybody got a good reason? Likely will buy in a couple weeks. Its going to take me some time to decide. #handwringing

I put in black hole pro hd baskets on my home course last year. Couldn't be happier with them, they catch awesome and have no noticeable rust after spending a winter outside in the northeast (the chains on one are starting to lose some of its "stainless" look, but that's it). The extra chains on the "HD" versions make them catch just like a discatcher, the only thing I ever notice with the smaller/slanted cage is they let putts bounce out after they are caught, but this has only happened maybe 3-5 times total over the hundred plus rounds I've played this past year.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Well, I totally regret buying my Mach Lite in red.

Figured I would get it for high visibility through sundown but it's an eye sore regardless of what time it is. Every single time I use it I wish I had gotten a different color. The basket itself is nice, I added extra chains and modified the outer set to be more narrow (smaller target for better practice purposes)...but it's still bright red. Seven years and still running strong so can't justify replacing it yet. YMMV

Im back and forth with color. I would not want black baskets though. Most of these would be way back in the woods, which are pretty dense firs. Pink and yellow might look a bit garish but I really like the colors for the most part.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Par Member

Niced 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default Colors...

Quote:
Im back and forth with color. I would not want black baskets though. Most of these would be way back in the woods, which are pretty dense firs. Pink and yellow might look a bit garish but I really like the colors for the most part.
I am actually surprised at folks liking the black colorway for a basket. To each their own

I play only in Vermont woods, and they can be rough for visibility of baskets. White is a no-no

for winter around here. I agree in the bright colorway for better hi-vis baskets in VT. I was

looking for a bright hunter orange basket, but actually quite like the bubblegum pink axiom

baskets. Just get the color/s that best suit your needs. Good luck on your home course!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDaWoodsDiscN419 View Post
I am actually surprised at folks liking the black colorway for a basket. To each their own

I play only in Vermont woods, and they can be rough for visibility of baskets. White is a no-no

for winter around here. I agree in the bright colorway for better hi-vis baskets in VT. I was

looking for a bright hunter orange basket, but actually quite like the bubblegum pink axiom

baskets. Just get the color/s that best suit your needs. Good luck on your home course!

Woods of VT? Where? We play at Magic several times a week.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:23 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 788 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post

I would go with the Axiom version as it is the same basket. However the basket would be the macaroni color or the orange as they stand out the best without being odd color like the light green one or the pink one or other colors like the blue that would blend in with sky on some courses during right conditioned days be hard to find. Same reason I would not get the white, winter can have whiteout conditions.