Old 06-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcσn View Post
Simon is well loved. And on FPO, I don't think I've ever heard a negative comment about Paige Bjerkaas.
Fair point. I was mostly commenting on how much flak every kind of personality gets but +1 for concrete examples
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 288 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I mean you can watch mine but it is not sub 10min
Oh, it’s been watched

Niced: (1)
Old 06-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
So Ricky is awkward, James Conrad is boring, Paul McBeth has no personality. Who is the "proto" disc golf personality everyone likes? Is Nate Sexton the only disc golfer that gets a thumbs up?
Yeah, that might be true. However I feel I get more out of Ricky and Paul Mcbeth from a technical view. Anyways I like most ITB from the pros.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,211 Times in 1,626 Posts

IMHO about 15 minutes is good, and where the pro is explaining the discs and the type of shots he/she uses that disc for. I like videos that show the pro throwing the discs, even if that adds extra time. Some videos, including this one, might be more advertising than what the pro actually throws, and I wouldn't mind seeing that cut out and done away with.

As to whose videos are good: Paul McBeth usually makes good ITBs. Nate Sexton explains his discs well. Wysocki's second ITB this year, focusing on some discs he actually uses, was good. Paige Pierce and Madison Walker did well with their ITBs.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:38 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,582 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Is it because A.J. is with Dynamic Discs? If A.J. were sponsored by Innova or Discraft, would y'all be saying these things?
Full disclosure: I didn't watch this video. I generally don't watch in the bag segments, but sometimes I do. What I enjoy is watching somebody who makes a living at this game and has access to all the new discs pulling some old dependable disc out of the bag and thinking "oh, I remember those" or "hey, I still bag one of those, too." It's kinda entertaining to watch pro disc golfers act like a chucker and keep an old disc in the bag.

A Dynamic ITB gives none of those moments because none of their discs are very old. It all shiny new stuff and it just doesn't hold my interest. I try not to poo-poo on the threads because it's personal preference; if you like Dynamic and want to throw their stuff more power to ya'. I just generally pass. I would have passed this time, too. You asked, though.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-05-2019, 02:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,517 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Full disclosure: I didn't watch this video. I generally don't watch in the bag segments, but sometimes I do. What I enjoy is watching somebody who makes a living at this game and has access to all the new discs pulling some old dependable disc out of the bag and thinking "oh, I remember those" or "hey, I still bag one of those, too." It's kinda entertaining to watch pro disc golfers act like a chucker and keep an old disc in the bag.

A Dynamic ITB gives none of those moments because none of their discs are very old. It all shiny new stuff and it just doesn't hold my interest. I try not to poo-poo on the threads because it's personal preference; if you like Dynamic and want to throw their stuff more power to ya'. I just generally pass. I would have passed this time, too. You asked, though.
I did watch it. .and sure, he had some new discs. . but most of them were quite old
Old 06-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 112 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
So Ricky is awkward, James Conrad is boring, Paul McBeth has no personality. Who is the "proto" disc golf personality everyone likes? Is Nate Sexton the only disc golfer that gets a thumbs up?
Was with Conrad at a tourney this past weekend where he hung out with all the Ams in the evening. Wasn't boring in the least. Dude can juggle, throw all sorts of discs well and was overall really cool.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,151 Times in 577 Posts

I'm very surprised AJ is catching the flak he is in this thread.

He's a bit 'class clown' in his personality, but he *has* a personality. And he gets fired up and is a strong competitor when he's playing.

We should all want to see a strong personality in the pros. It would be awful if they were all so worried about the feedback in the media for saying or doing the wrong thing - we'd just get standard soundbites like we do in a lot of other sports, and that's not something I'd want to see.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 264 Times in 152 Posts

I’ve never met A.J. in real life. I don’t feel like his particular brand of humor comes across well over video/audio. This is probably why me and others find him annoying. I bet he would be fun to play a round with though! It seems like he has noticed the criticism lately and has really toned it down when he is on commentary or on video.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:53 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,582 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I did watch it. .and sure, he had some new discs. . but most of them were quite old
Nice try, I'm still not watching it.