Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,618 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddyslickbreeze View Post
YES! It is working.

And annoying the hell out of many others.

What's your backlash contingency plan?
Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2019, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,146 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I think DD is the Walmart of disc golf. When I think of DD I don't think of any particular player, but I do think of them as a "disc golf retailer" a place where I might shop locally or online. I really could care less who they sponsor. hmm.. I wonder if that outlook is shared by some top pros and perhaps that plays into their decision to be sponsored by them (or not) ?
I think your perspective on DD is partially due to living in Texas. Around here they are pretty much just lumped into the Trilogy bucket.

IMO top players only care about a couple of things when seeking sponsorship. First and foremost is the simple finances of it. Second (and only for those players savvy enough to recognize it) is building their own personal brand. Everything else is as irrelevant as color of the uniform to a free agent in a team sport. There will always be occasional outliers.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-12-2019, 10:05 AM

Niced 90 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
And annoying the hell out of many others.

What's your backlash contingency plan?
My reply was just an attempt (perhaps a poor one) at being facetious.

I am under no illusion that what we do will please or appeal to everyone.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 244 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Innova sponsored Joel Freeman has stated he is newly engaged and will not be on tour this coming year
That stinks. He's so consistent on every front. If you want some insight on his game, listen to him on Brian Earhart's podcast.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 986 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Nikko...... But why he has said no all these years i dont know. . what changed?
Age.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

I always find it funny when people complain about DD's "In your face social media". People realize that you and unsubscribe from any social media/player that you want. It isn't like they are jumping into public forums and shoving it in people's faces.

And by "In your face", do they just mean consistent? CoolDaddySlickBreeze has been absolutely awesome at helping to create a brand and promote it. Any manufacturer should want to give their left arm for someone as dedicated and talented as him.

DD does more social media than any other brand, and every other brand wished they could mimic and keep up. The only "backlash" that I ever see is from jaded internet trolls honestly. As long as DD keeps pushing the boundaries of social media and our sport keeps growing, there are always new people to enjoy new content.

Anyway, tune in tonight to our podcast to hear us interview Nikko Locastro. Live at 9pm CST on SmashBoxxTVs YouTube channel. SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, RING THAT BELL! SUPPORT OUR PATREON! SUPER CHATS WELCOME! Stay tuned for our AFTERSHOOOOOOOOW! Follow us on Twitter and FB. Find me on SkipAce.com Fantasy Disc Golf website. Join us for SmashBoxxTV Unsanctioned as well. hahahahahah

Old 11-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,618 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
I always find it funny when people complain about DD's "In your face social media". People realize that you and unsubscribe from any social media/player that you want. It isn't like they are jumping into public forums and shoving it in people's faces.

And by "In your face", do they just mean consistent? CoolDaddySlickBreeze has been absolutely awesome at helping to create a brand and promote it. Any manufacturer should want to give their left arm for someone as dedicated and talented as him.

DD does more social media than any other brand, and every other brand wished they could mimic and keep up. The only "backlash" that I ever see is from jaded internet trolls honestly. As long as DD keeps pushing the boundaries of social media and our sport keeps growing, there are always new people to enjoy new content.

Anyway, tune in tonight to our podcast to hear us interview Nikko Locastro. Live at 9pm CST on SmashBoxxTVs YouTube channel. SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, RING THAT BELL! SUPPORT OUR PATREON! SUPER CHATS WELCOME! Stay tuned for our AFTERSHOOOOOOOOW! Follow us on Twitter and FB. Find me on SkipAce.com Fantasy Disc Golf website. Join us for SmashBoxxTV Unsanctioned as well. hahahahahah

I'm very well aware that I can unsubscribe from social media and indeed have done so. I'ts just not my thing. Maybe just an age thing, but I find it pretty juvenile and tedious.

Being part of the social media, you obviously have to cover you a$$, no problem there, but, not everyone, (and this is just a guess from my observations) gives a rats behind about it. It's a fickle market and the latest and greatest can change over night. DD could just as easily go through what Prodigy did, from everybody should get on the bus to no one cares.

And I am not an internet troll "thank you very much". And I have seen the backlash, and that may just be a regional thing, but around me, people are pretty sick of the DD fan boys. Social media can't replace being social in the real world. Most people just want to play disc golf, not spend a round hearing all the nonsense.

DD just seems to be catering to one market, and i'm not in that market. If they help grow the sport, fine, more power to them. I used to throw quiet a bit off DD stuff, but I have since traded it all away, I want no part of the class clown, attention seeking cult mentality. Again, that may just be a regional thing. So take that with a grain of salt.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 62 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Most people just want to play disc golf, not spend a round hearing all the nonsense.
So are you actually playing rounds with AJ Risley or what?

Cause that would be pretty cool...
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 271 Times in 175 Posts

Chris Clemons with some interesting comments on Nikko in this Reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...r_westside_in/

Old 11-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 82
Niced 40 Times in 21 Posts

You guys do great! Your touring pros are some of the nicest people in disc golf. You sponsor great events. Your discs are top-notch. Your social media presence is off the charts, particularly on YouTube.

Closed Thread