Old 11-13-2019, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,506 Times in 861 Posts

The WASP don΄t get much love from Discraft. . other moulds comes in a ton of plastics and tour series nice swirls.

Odd moulds gets Ti, ESP Swirl and other plastic. . not the WASP

Looks like Discraft wants to kill the WASP by giving all their other OS mids nice plastics and runs. .and to have the WASP in low stock and just in Z
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
You know why ESP Comets exist in stock form? Because when they were released in LE ESP, they sold out quickly. No one complained about the $20 price tag because everyone was too busy stocking up.

You know why Wasps only come in Z? Because people don't want to pay a premium for special runs. Over the years, Discraft has sold Wasps in the plastics you desire and more. No one has bought them. That's kind of funny because Wasps can spend years in your bag but an extra $5 seems to be too much to bear.
I don't think it's so much that people don't want to buy them, but that a lot special runs aren't worth the premium. The ESp Ledgestone Waps sold out super quick because the markup above comparable discs wasn't extravagant. The CT Jawbreaker has not because it's not worth paying $20 for 1 disc when it's direct competition can be had for $10 or less (KC Rocs)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Old 11-13-2019, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,161 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHarambe View Post
I don't think it's so much that people don't want to buy them, but that a lot special runs aren't worth the premium. The ESp Ledgestone Waps sold out super quick because the markup above comparable discs wasn't extravagant. The CT Jawbreaker has not because it's not worth paying $20 for 1 disc when it's direct competition can be had for $10 or less (KC Rocs)

Rocs and Wasps do not fly the same. They are not a direct competition.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,971 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
You know why ESP Comets exist in stock form? Because when they were released in LE ESP, they sold out quickly. No one complained about the $20 price tag because everyone was too busy stocking up.

You know why Wasps only come in Z? Because people don't want to pay a premium for special runs. Over the years, Discraft has sold Wasps in the plastics you desire and more. No one has bought them. That's kind of funny because Wasps can spend years in your bag but an extra $5 seems to be too much to bear.
this is wildly simplified

what about the stock run of d

what about the og esp wasp

why did discraft try to charge 20 instead of 10 for what everyone knows is crap plastic
Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,971 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHarambe View Post

mcpro rock3 is a direct competition but i hear what you are saying
Old 11-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,449 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
this is wildly simplified

what about the stock run of d

what about the og esp wasp

why did discraft try to charge 20 instead of 10 for what everyone knows is crap plastic
I stick by my statement.

And why did Discraft overcharge? Because they want money.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,730 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Funny how 141 pages later we still just have Z wasps getting molded every once in a while, and a smattering of other nonsense plastics that taco upon contact with a tree.

They found the time to make Ti Stings but no Ti Wasps?? That's just one example of many. DC, put the Wasp mold in the machine and pump some premium plastic into it not called Z.
https://www.discgolf.discraft.com/prod_wasp_t.html

I did not know if you meant they had never made a Ti Wasp.

This was a sweet disc....sadly made in awful colors. Autumn Maple Leaf Red, Michigan Summer Grass Green.....
Old 11-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 239 Times in 159 Posts

It’s funny because anytime somebody posts old esp or Ti wasps on Discraft all day. People always get in bidding wars paying $20-$35 for old or new ones.

Maybe I got into disc golf too late, I would have been buying all those years ago!
Old 11-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 200 Times in 104 Posts

It used to be if you liked Rocs but wanted better than base plastic you had to get a Wasp or spend through the nose. Innova got wise, and Discraft is holding serve. The Tis were nice but invisible, and the Glos all came out domey. The ESPs weren't especially flat either, in my experience. A good flat Z Wasp is a mighty fine disc.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 444 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Ti Sting is simply awesome. I never plan to buy it in any other plastic.

I could see a run of X Wasps being worth it for cycling, but I really don't see the value of other plastics due to demand(Z is just so awesome).

If we are really serious about a limited run of another plastic, how many discs are required for a special run? If someone could get an agreement, a kickstarter campaign could be a way to raise the funds to get run produced.
On Facebook Bob Julio has said the minimum is 1000. It's been discussed for the Stalker as well as the Wasp. If I keep going the way I am, I might be able to make some noise with the Wasp, but it may be too late then (I might also be able to help the Stalker as well, but Hailey King might do so first).