Old 06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 115
Niced 291 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhyzer View Post
Catrina was behind me in the line at an ATM during '12 Worlds. She told me to "get out of the way!" as I turned around. Meh
Perhaps you were dawdling? Or leering at her? Or....
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 345 Times in 217 Posts

For some reason it just doesn't translate with Catrina, obviously. She looks to be not having any fun or sportsmanlike like other female competitors. If that's just her, then fine, it is what it is. But the sugar coating is hard to swallow.

I've also watched her play a round, and it's palpable how the other 3 competitors have interactions and then there's cat with her "game face on" off to the side. It's awkward to watch. I can only imaging people on her card wishing it was someone else lol

Niced: (1)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 38 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
Perhaps you were dawdling? Or leering at her? Or....
Nah, grabbed my cash and turned to leave. Certainly wasn't leering at her.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
Cat is a tough competitor on the field. Cat is very sweet and friendly off the field. Cat is one of the nicest disc golfers I have ever met.

When a male is serious and quiet and not "chatting" with his card mates, he has "game face". He is being focused and competitive. You rarely hear: "He is such a #@*&% because he never spoke once the whole round and got angry after every bad shot."

When a female is serious and quiet and avoiding interaction with her card mates, folks say she has "witch face" and she is being *itchy and dour. You do hear: "She looks like such a *&@$%, because she never spoke once the whole round and grumbled after every bad shot."

Cat has "game face". It is a shame that being focused and competitive seems to be bad trait for females, yet it is positive attribute for men.
A point of correction, on behalf of the OP. He didn't say she was nasty or mean, just that it didn't look like she was having fun anymore. That's different from not recognizing she has a game face. He speculated if her not having fun might be related to a lessening in her play.

People do comment on men's composure, and frequently enough. Just upstream someone mentioned the sweet temperament of Nikko. Nikko's temperament, as a topic of discussion, beats out Cat's about twenty to one. Cat's personality, off course, sounds great. But her behavior during the Sarah H. incident wasn't stellar. Game face or not. It cost her, and unfortunately for Cat, there's video.

The fact that we're sexist, and we are, shouldn't preclude our ability to discuss such things. We just need to be honest about our motivations. It also means we need to be hypersensitive about not promoting men's interests over women's.

BTW discussions of men's temperament I've read here include, Climo whining; Nate Sexton bullying for strokes (video proved otherwise); Nikko; a whole thread dedicated to BW, with infection into other threads; Paul bullying Ricky; Ricky bullying TDs; Cam stoning, oh wait, that was me; Uli, is he cheating or is it the man bun?

I will say one thing. Cat has the most intense game face I've ever seen. If it works for her good. If her game is suffering, perhaps she needs a new game face?

Old 06-19-2017, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 345 Times in 217 Posts

Well said.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,351 Times in 1,818 Posts

I predict this thread will eventually be in the landfill.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,733 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
For some reason it just doesn't translate with Catrina, obviously. She looks to be not having any fun or sportsmanlike like other female competitors. If that's just her, then fine, it is what it is. But the sugar coating is hard to swallow.

I've also watched her play a round, and it's palpable how the other 3 competitors have interactions and then there's cat with her "game face on" off to the side. It's awkward to watch. I can only imaging people on her card wishing it was someone else lol
Sorry, I don't get it. She should change her play, looks, facial expressions or social game, so you are more comfortable watching here on YouTube??
Old 06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Niced 157 Times in 76 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alrh3ov5Lk4&t=1499s

You can clearly hear PP say "Karma" after that chain out. I feel like there could definitely be some bad blood between the two for whatever reason.

She does often feel like the outcast of the group, even in this video of what is supposed to be a "fun" round.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I predict this thread will eventually be in the landfill.
I predict that you're right.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

BTW, Paige has game face. You see focus, anger and other things, but she assuredly has game face.