Old 04-03-2018, 01:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,596 Times in 1,648 Posts

Anything neutral and speed 7ish or less. Comet and all neutral putters and mids are fantastic. But also throw some speed 7ish neutral stuff like Leo, FD, TL, etc. Anything that will fly anywhere from -1/1 to -2/2 at your arm speed. The speed 7ish stuff will be a little more nose angle sensitive, and if they have some turn and fade characteristics you'll really see when you get ahold of them to get extra turn or glide, or if you torque them and they can't fade. Plus they tend to gain distance more significantly than a mid on a really good throw, so you'll be rewarded a bit more when you really connect.

I think it's also worth it to not fully ignore speed 9+ stuff that is somewhat understable, just so you don't forget how to throw wide rim stuff cleanly. They punish nose angles worse and also as long as you keep throwing them you won't feel like you need to hulk up every time you grab a fast disc during a round.

I don't like only throwing putters and mids because if I want to throw them real far I throw them higher, so it's nice to also throw some fairways on low-ish line drives to make sure you don't start skying everything.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2018, 01:31 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 797 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I knew I'd get a lot of that,but with so many discs out there I was just wondering whats all out there. Can't just be the comet
The Lighting Rubber Putter is the Aero oop and the Comet was the midrage version of the Aero. Still sell Rubber Putter. The Lighting Upshot #2 or U-2 in prostyle is what I used until I found a very slow mid for the same slot in my bag, I still have the one I got for the other use a uphill/downhill putter and is similar to the next disc on the list. The Colt a nutral putter that is almost putter like midrange. The Dart is a good one, a reason why some Innova pros use that over the Nova. Another is the Condor, a smaller Wham-O Frisbee sized ROC like disc that flies so slow you have to have good from. Also a multitude of neutral putters, I would get a Aviar P&A the micro bead in Star to have the disc for also a driving putter if I needed such a disc. I also recommend a Lid type putter too, stay away from the really tall discs like a Rattler or a Birdie as those discs seem to not handle the high speed to well to be like a driving putter.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-03-2018, 01:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

So yeah Comet changed my game.. Get a nice elite X one.. Moving on the first Ion I got helped me a lot as well at the same time...175g proton. It was very unkind on nose up shots and also rewards you for getting it right. Takes some skills to unlock that Gyro.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 61
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
I'm being difficult but off the top of my head all of these will NOT help more than a Comet:

Any big bead Aviar variation, Wizard, Challenger, Shaman, Ion, Envy, Judge, Titanic (ehh), Rhyno, Zone, Berg, Clozer, Anode, Banger, Birdie, Voodoo, Tank, Ridge, Summit, Ringer, JOKERi, ummmmmmmmmmm

Usually I like what you have to say but this blanket statement wasn't the most accurate you've made before

As a super anti beaded-mid, anti-bead in general (personal reasons, not ACTUALLY better), Buzzz over Roc all day, you can throw anything if you know how to throw, blah blah blah, just throw a damn Comet. Seriously.

EDIT: Pro-D/X/Jawbreaker Comet. Needs to be non ultra durable.
Haha too be fair I should have specified a neutral putter... Nova. Even a P2 will show you if you have bad form though, and that's a stable putter.

I just hate the comet lol

Niced: (1)
Old 04-03-2018, 03:56 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 60 Times in 52 Posts

Nova
Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 AM
Par Member

Niced 29 Times in 25 Posts

DDC discs, Wham-O Frisbees, Ultrastar.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

So the thing is I actually enjoy throwing around the Wham-O frisbees. Playing catch with the kid/buddy or whatever. I've been using the comet and Pure for my form work but I think incorporating some 160g. Malibu flyers into the routine may be the way to go. Thanks for all the input.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 334 Times in 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
So the thing is I actually enjoy throwing around the Wham-O frisbees. Playing catch with the kid/buddy or whatever. I've been using the comet and Pure for my form work but I think incorporating some 160g. Malibu flyers into the routine may be the way to go. Thanks for all the input.
I agree with this but feel like breaking out the jean cut-offs whenever I throw them....
Old 04-03-2018, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
I agree with this but feel like breaking out the jean cut-offs whenever I throw them....
Hahaha, yeah I feel ya man with some birks too and antye dye headband, grateful dead shirt, oh yeah should definitely be on some college campus (that I don't go to) haha.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,627 Times in 719 Posts

Comet
Nova
Classic Aviar
Zephyr
Polecat

Honorable mention for faster discs;
DX Cheetah
DX Gazelle
Both in the lower 160gr range.

Actually, all of the above list in the mid to lower 160's
I have all of these discs in the range from 150-175gr (Except the Nova) and a few rounds with nothing but a;
!62gr X-Comet
160gr DX Cheetah
and a 160gr Aviar, (or neutral putter of choice) will seriously show what you need to work on. These rounds are damn fun too!
Best thing I ever did for my game was to play for a few months with only a handful of 150ish (a few were up to 162gr) class discs.

Niced: (2)