Old 10-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 95 Times in 42 Posts

Is there a place I can purchase a Lloyd Weema poster? I have an empty spot on my wall right between Climo and McBeth that needs to be filled.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 01:34 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.7
Courses Played: 692
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,687 Times in 766 Posts

I'm thinking I should find Lloyd and ask him to sign my stock of new Grooves (under 900 rated disc) that we could sell as a collectible.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 87
Niced 114 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoVillage View Post
This is a really frustrating comment. So many touring pros volunteer their time teaching and training younger players (or newer players). Over the last few years, here are the touring pros I have asked to volunteer their time to do a clinic for me at Ledgestone or Worlds:

Nate Sexton, Madison Walker, Nate Perkins, Paul McBeth, Paige Pierce, Ricky Wysocki, Michael Johansen, Brian Earhart, Paul Ulibarri, etc etc etc etc. The list goes on and on. To say that our touring pros need to do more volunteer work is hard to see in written form. I can assure you that a lot of them spend considerable amounts of time growing the sport for no financial benefit.

In this case, no, I am sympathetic to the issues of touring pros in this regard. I feel that manufacturers should probably do more in the events registration side of things. If they are paying for entry fees for the players anyways, why not just have someone sign up the players so the click war/paycheck issue isn't an issue for them? I could foresee someone with each manufacturer taking on this responsibility for their various top level teams so these players do not miss the biggest events.
haven't read the rest of this thread but Ricky and Nate Perkins came thru and did an event at a couple of our local course along with a short clinic. I can assure you they didn't do it for free. That's not what i call volunteering. But just one mans opinion.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
They do get precedence where I am at, and regardless, it is pretty crappy for a player to barge into the middle of a league. It basically says that "my game is more important than this league". Those that give no respect, deserve no respect.
No its says this is a public course and i can play here also. I run a league and i inform everyone in said league to let the casuals play thru. When you start on holes 1-7 and 15-18 and a casual starts on hole 1. Who is the one being disrespectful?

Niced: (1)
Old 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Actually you are proving that you are all Weema's. As long as you get what you want it makes no difference how it affects others. Selfish and self absorbed is the name of the game and folks, that is why disc golf will never gain the popularity you all wish is bestowed upon it.
Says people shouldn't go to a course during league. Calls everyone else selfish and self absorbed.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36
Courses Played: 2
Niced 81 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatRedDude View Post
Says people shouldn't go to a course during league. Calls everyone else selfish and self absorbed.
I did not say that at all. I said if you are part of the disc golf community that you should have respect for leagues that are ongoing when you play. It takes a special kind of jerk to think that they should be able to have priority over coordinated club events. Especially when it is someone deeply involved in the disc golf community. The courses generally exist because of the clubs, are generally maintained by the clubs and as such, respect should be given to club sponsored events. If it wasn't for the clubs, and the funds they raise by having leagues, you most likely wouldn't even have a course to play on.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I did not say that at all. I said if you are part of the disc golf community that you should have respect for leagues that are ongoing when you play. It takes a special kind of jerk to think that they should be able to have priority over coordinated club events. Especially when it is someone deeply involved in the disc golf community. The courses generally exist because of the clubs, are generally maintained by the clubs and as such, respect should be given to club sponsored events. If it wasn't for the clubs, and the funds they raise by having leagues, you most likely wouldn't even have a course to play on.
No it takes a special kind of jerk to think that leagues take precedence over anything else. At the end of the day at my leagues i would like some of those "jerks" as you call them to participate in my league at some point. How can i do that by being a pompass A^$^#$^? The two need to work hand in hand, half the "jerks" don't even know about your effin league or that a leagues even exist. It would easier if you invited those guys to play with you as opposed to making all organized frolfers look like entitled arsebags. Not one single person in this thread has agreed with anything you have said. Keep riding that sinking ship to the ocean floor captain.

Old 10-25-2019, 02:11 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,588 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
No it takes a special kind of jerk to think that leagues take precedence over anything else. At the end of the day at my leagues i would like some of those "jerks" as you call them to participate in my league at some point. How can i do that by being a pompass A^$^#$^? The two need to work hand in hand, half the "jerks" don't even know about your effin league or that a leagues even exist. It would easier if you invited those guys to play with you as opposed to making all organized frolfers look like entitled arsebags. Not one single person in this thread has agreed with anything you have said. Keep riding that sinking ship to the ocean floor captain.
You are assuming a lot to give cover to what is essentially a personal attack against another member of this community, so I'm going to ask that this particular conversation ends.

Old 10-25-2019, 02:15 PM
Par Member

Niced 95 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I'm thinking I should find Lloyd and ask him to sign my stock of new Grooves (under 900 rated disc) that we could sell as a collectible.
A signed poster would be outstanding! The sad part is that I am only half joking. I would add a signed Weema poster to my DG trophy/memorabilia area as a talking piece.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36
Courses Played: 2
Niced 81 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
I think the fact that no one agrees, fortifies my remarks as to the disc community. We live in a world where respect is only a one way street and unfortunately that concept has taken hold in disc golf as well.