Old 10-30-2019, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 148 Times in 77 Posts

I've been throwing one of these the past couple of weeks as my overstable compliment to my Comet lineup. I feel like the stability of this disc is right there with the MD4 and Rocx3. It definitely holds up ok into a moderate headwind.

To the person asking how it compares to a Verdict, I would say it has a tick less fade in the last 25% of it's flight, a smidge slower and a little more glide than a Verdict. I think this disc fits well with the MD4, Rocx3 and Verdict type of midrange.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I've got one on the way and I'm pretty stoked about it. I felt the Neo plastic on an Enigma last week and immediately ordered this one. From US to OS I've got a beat in XT Mako3 > Star Mako3 > beat in mcpro Roc3 > Method.

Those of you that have throw it, would it be redundant to also pick up an MD5? The roc3 has gotten relatively flippy on me or I might have just went to an MD5 and skipped the Method.

Side note I love the Shadow Titan stamp, but I've noticed that the nicer the disc the more trees you hit so I went plain lol.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 49 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Fairbanks.1023 View Post
Those of you that have throw it, would it be redundant to also pick up an MD5? The roc3 has gotten relatively flippy on me or I might have just went to an MD5 and skipped the Method.
I guess I'm just going to chase you around this forum.

MD5 is *very* different from the Method. I feel like there's even more of a contrast between the Method and MD5 than there would be between your Makos and Roc3.

MD5 is a Gator-style mid, so it doesn't want to stay in the air, and when it fades it dumps hard.

Comparing to fairway drivers:

MD5 :: Firebird (utility OS)
Method :: Fresh, extra beefy TeeBird (100% trustworthy HSS with a gliding hyzer finish)
Mako3/Beat Roc3 :: Leo/FD (straight to turnover depending on how beat-in)

Hope this helps!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-15-2019, 10:41 AM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midairmatthew View Post
I guess I'm just going to chase you around this forum.

MD5 is *very* different from the Method. I feel like there's even more of a contrast between the Method and MD5 than there would be between your Makos and Roc3.

MD5 is a Gator-style mid, so it doesn't want to stay in the air, and when it fades it dumps hard.

Comparing to fairway drivers:

MD5 :: Firebird (utility OS)
Method :: Fresh, extra beefy TeeBird (100% trustworthy HSS with a gliding hyzer finish)
Mako3/Beat Roc3 :: Leo/FD (straight to turnover depending on how beat-in)

Hope this helps!
Yes it definitely helps. I was actually split between The Method and the Gator3 being my next mid and now I've got a better idea that it wouldn't be redundant. (I have that issue with drivers. I love my Sheriff, Pharaoh and Grym but they're all basically the same)

Niced: (1)
Old 11-17-2019, 10:38 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 18 Times in 13 Posts

As I've been using the method since it came out I can give a more detailed review. I really like the flight, the two I have been using replaced two of my roc3s that I had in my bag for a while. As it breaks in it keeps its torque resistance but loses its stability. Really wanting to get this mold in the exo plastic so I can break one in to replace my more broken in rocs. Until then I really like the feel of the plastic and flight of the disc, they should hold a solid place in my bag as they continue to break in.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 706 Times in 381 Posts

My spider sense says the Exo Method is in the works. Ought to be a crowd pleaser.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 271 Times in 175 Posts

That Lat was able to actually produce a very good mid that didn't overlap with Discmania's existing mids is pretty cool. Same could be said for the Instinct as well.