Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 11-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I taught my daughter to play with a Stratus as her driver. Her progression was Stratus to Glide to Comet and now the Comet is her go-to. She couldn't throw a Comet early on, but now she throws lazers with it and leans on her mids a lot when she plays. She has a Westside Seer that is about the only "driver" she throws. The Stratus has evolved into her turnover disc, but early on it was about the only disc she could throw decently.
Makes sense - I think when recommending beginner discs it's important to consider what kind of beginner we're talking about. I took one buddy out with a classic setup of a few putters to try, a DX teebird, a Z buzzz, etc. He's a naturally athletic, lanky guy who has thrown a lot of frisbees, and was keeping up with me off the bat.

On the other hand, if you're taking folks out who are only tangentially interested in the sport or are really just humoring you giving it a try, it's important to put something in their hand that flies straight DESPITE their (lack of) throwing form. Light weight, comfortable, flippy. Not a Z Buzzz.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Old 11-18-2019, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 139 Times in 89 Posts

I would actually look at a driver that you can range and use for FH. Adds a variety to uses and can act as an understable compliment.

Niced: (1)