Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just dont do U of Wisconsin's W - they sue everyone that tries to use their "Motion W" on football helmets
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 197
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

i tried to get the Dark Side of the Moon prism, but copyrights came into play and we had to abandon the idea...copyright infringement is against the law, much like pirating music, but if you can be discreet and not bother anybody else with it, it's sometimes not that big a deal (gee this sounds like another thread i've read about, but the whole don't ask don't tell issue seems to work against nygfaninva in that one!!)....hope it works out with you, and let me know if you find some body that'll do it...don't worry i'm not a cop! i won't tell
Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think if you made a stencil sort of like their NY but not exact - and if you "color outside the lines" you should be safe
Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 197
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomschillin View Post
(gee this sounds like another thread i've read about, but the whole don't ask don't tell issue seems to work against nygfaninva in that one!!)....hope it works out with you, and let me know if you find some body that'll do it...don't worry i'm not a cop! i won't tell
i guess i should have said "see no evil, speak no evil"...it's that damn stoner homosexual thing kicking in again...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 38
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not trying to break any laws. Just trying to get a NYG disc, if it can't be done legally no problem. Just looking into it. I see many discs with skulls that closely resemble the Punisher logo (Marvel Comics) and I don't think they are getting a cut or sueing anyone. NY is universally accepted as New York. As long as I or the guy making the disc isn't identically copying the New York Giants logo and/or selling it as such I don't think its illegal. Its just a disc celebrating my love for New York City. Nothing more. If the sport was more popular I would certainly (and happily) overpay The New York Giants for an official NFL Disc but we all know we aren't that popular ...yet.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i wouldnt worry about it. Until someone starts selling Eli Manning signature 1X World Champion Star Monsters complete with NYG stamp

I've seen discs with Bruins / Packers (or Georgia) / Brewers stamps being sold on DG retail sites

i think if i got a perfect looking sox/pats/b's etc disc i dont think i'd ever toss it.

I think a NYG disc that's a bit rough around the edges would be pretty decent. Might be something to try yourself if its not too expensive a process - since being the first time chances are it wouldnt come out in copyright infringement territory

oh yeah & I'll take two of those - one with a Tom Coughlin autograph the other with a Lorenzen - for my Giants buddies haha

Last edited by Rbuzz9; 09-10-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbuzz9 View Post
other with a Lorenzen - for my Giants buddies haha
The Pillsbury Throwboy!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are gonna need to try to find a white or clear champion disc to do this. You can't go lighter in color with dye or bleach. It's really not hard to do at all. Just dye the whole disc blue except the stenciled NY.

Once you do it a few times it gets really easy and fun. My son and I just made Captain America's shield out of a 150 Champ Eagle and a 175 Champ Leopard. We also did a punisher skull on one and also a spiderman spider ( my son likes superheros if you can't tell). All you need is rit dye and some contact paper from the hardware store. That Giants logo would only take about 30 minutes to do.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

That sounds easy as hell - i need to find a 1 color design/logo i like and i'd think about doing it

Old 09-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 169
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

NYGFan,

Go look to this link and peruse my dyes. Then let me know if you're interested in working with me.
Dye Album

-ryan