Old 09-20-2020, 12:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 916
Niced 169 Times in 80 Posts

Homemade soap would be a great addition to a players pack. But, the effort needed vs. the appreciation would not be feasible.

*Most things in life, like this in the present.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 269
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 189 Times in 99 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Socks are the cliche thoughtless gift, so I'd expect jokes and/or gruff if I went with that one.

Snacks are one of these things that are very personal. I bet I've thrown away 75% of the "freebie" snacks that I've gotten in my life. I've never gotten sunblock as a freebie, but that is sort of the same thing. I've used sunblock that has cause irritations that were so bad that I had to go to the ambulatory clinic that day. I suppose I would find value in having something that I can give people when they ask to use my sunblock.

As a player that has never played a tourney, but plans to in the not too distant future, I feel like I need towels, minis, scorecards, pencils, knee pads. The knee pad minis are something that would probably be useful to me that I'd never buy on my own.
Trust me when you do start playing tournaments you will be like, oh great another towel, mini, and pencil. That's pretty much every player's pack at every event. Also companies, Innova specifically, make pretty sick disc golf socks.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,446 Times in 2,106 Posts

We've got a sponsor giving us little portable bottles of branded hand sanitizer for an upcoming event. Any other year, that'd be junk....

Normally, we don't have any players packs at the tournament we host. This year we're doing it as a Covid precaution, to avoid having merchandise that people rifle through. Trying hard to avoid the junk.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-20-2020, 09:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 205
Niced 270 Times in 134 Posts

Not sure what your budget is, but a Towch is great to have on any Disc Golf bag:

http://thetowch.com/DiscGolfPlayerPackItems.php

Even saved it on the DG Player Pack Items page!

Made here in the USA, so hopefully they can get them to you in time!

Niced: (3)
Old 09-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 81
Niced 1,750 Times in 437 Posts

Oh, I almost forgot this. For a couple of years TD and all-around great guy Scott Reek was putting his players packs in heavy-duty cardboard disc storage boxes imprinted with the name and logo of the tournament. Those were a pretty big hit.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:34 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,199 Times in 992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
A Mini would be cool, lots of the one disc or two disc driver 8-9 speed and putter players do not have a mini who enter in at the rec level or the lowest level and they try to use a non marking item like the other disc or a bottle they have with them. I have seen this as a big issue with some C tier and lower B tier PDGA events.

I had at the time only 1 mini that was a stupid color, black as the Play It Again Sports I got may first discs outside the Rubber Putter had only an ugly version of higlighter Yellow that hurt my eyes to look at or black for the mini So I had to buy for $7-$8 the Black Hills Disc Golf Konfedreacy mini from the tournament in Rapid City South Dakota in a easy to find Teal or dark Seafoam color that I still have but will only use in an emergency, the logo is a tad racist using the Confederate flag on a gold mining pan that is also a disc golf disc.
this is a good start https://www.amazon.com/Fun-Express-F...0640971&sr=8-5 and can add a logo via a sticker. If the players are worried about the sticker coming off, have a can of clear Flex Seal to use a light layer for the players to use to keep the tournament sticker from coming off.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:35 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Niced 4,736 Times in 2,071 Posts

I friend of mine that TD's gave out tourney stamped cooling towels.
Those things are great on hot days. Love mine!

Niced: (1)

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-20-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:11 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 546
Niced 1,013 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
We've got a sponsor giving us little portable bottles of branded hand sanitizer for an upcoming event. Any other year, that'd be junk....
Amen!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:50 AM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 44
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

This question is a bit tough for me as I've contributed to the escalating player pack debate. As a sponsor, I try to add to the pack outside of the already planned items by the TD. My thought process is to find first something useful and then second something the player might not have thought of, but comes to appreciate...mind you, this is unnecessary, but was something I wanted to do...I've always kind of wondered if this is a bad idea, but oh well, it's something I enjoyed doing at the time.

This year was whale sacs and a pro pull.
Not to distant past, I included a kneesie (knee pad) and a flight towel.
Last year may have been a tad lame, I did a cooling towel gator and a cooling gel beaded head band...it was 93 degrees in late July and 93 percent humidity...thought it would be more practical.

The core tenant being, something practical and something they wouldn't have thought of, but might appreciate.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 269
Niced 189 Times in 99 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff

I'm Tding an event at the end of October and we are giving out tournament printed jackets. They are moisture wicking and have a port for your headphones. The are fleeced lined and a poly blend on the outside, we are also thinking about a neck gaitor to double as a facemask option as well as being able to help with the cool mornings.

I always like giving out something that is "in season" and can be used for the event and the next couple of months. I remember getting beanies in late spring and summer and always thinking those items would be better for events in the fall and winter.