Old 10-30-2020, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 939 Times in 634 Posts

My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2020, 12:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 978 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.
Did you get proto Hades' or first runs? My 2 are protos, and I love them. Excellent drivers. They turn without being super flippy. I'm able to give them full power rips slightly hyzer and have them flex out for full flights.

I'm impressed with what Discraft did here. Initially I was worried the Hades would be too flippy and erratic like the Nuke SS.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Pretty sure mine are first run. No prototype lettering.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:37 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts

My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc
Old 10-30-2020, 03:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmonty10 View Post
My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc
I bought two of different weights hoping to be able to carry both. Right now, they are matching up with Infinite Emperors very nicely.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Niced 279 Times in 142 Posts

Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 401 Times in 144 Posts

I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201030_115233.jpg (114.8 KB, 15 views)

Niced: (2)
Old 10-31-2020, 12:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Niced 1,522 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
That's actually the problem I had with the proto I got. Traded it to my dubs partner and he throws it pretty well. I just couldn't dial it in.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-31-2020, 02:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Niced 279 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.
They are beautiful discs. I also kind of want one just to have unspoiled. Ha, this is turning into an addiction.

Old 10-31-2020, 02:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 978 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post

MVP discs love to do this, specifically the Relativity. I feel your pain. You feel like you're putting a perfect release on a disc only to get a crap result. The disc won't really stand up from a hyzer release, but as soon as you release it flat it wants to dive bomb right.

Unstable is a good term. Finicky an uncontrollable.

My 2 Hades' are actually slightly more overstable than I was expecting. I can make them turn, but it takes a good rip. They won't flip all the way over. Like any other high speed driver, I assume there's some inconsistency.

Niced: (1)