#141  
Old 10-30-2020, 10:47 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,213
Niced 939 Times in 634 Posts
Default

My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-30-2020, 12:27 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,770
Niced 978 Times in 756 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My two just came in. First throw with the lighter one parked a slightly uphill par 3 that I rarely see birdied. The rest of my throws with these were very pleasing. I am an instant fan. One of the thing I am liking is the deeper rim as compared to some of my other US drivers. I believe that always gives an understable disc a little come back. Once I lose a Tern or Maya right, it's never coming back. I did not find them to be slick either. No flashing.
Did you get proto Hades' or first runs? My 2 are protos, and I love them. Excellent drivers. They turn without being super flippy. I'm able to give them full power rips slightly hyzer and have them flex out for full flights.

I'm impressed with what Discraft did here. Initially I was worried the Hades would be too flippy and erratic like the Nuke SS.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-30-2020, 12:57 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,213
Niced 939 Times in 634 Posts
Default

Pretty sure mine are first run. No prototype lettering.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-30-2020, 01:37 PM
alanmonty10 alanmonty10 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rochester NY
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 72
Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts
Default

My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-30-2020, 03:06 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,213
Niced 939 Times in 634 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmonty10 View Post
My proto is a lighter weight one and it goes right on a beautiful turnover line and with enough room is will fade back. The stock run I have is a 173 and it has less turn and fights back nice. They actually complement each other very nicely. I am really digging this disc
I bought two of different weights hoping to be able to carry both. Right now, they are matching up with Infinite Emperors very nicely.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-30-2020, 10:17 PM
disco40 disco40 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 321
Niced 279 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-30-2020, 11:06 PM
mizunodave mizunodave is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 348
Niced 401 Times in 144 Posts
Default

I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201030_115233.jpg (114.8 KB, 15 views)

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-31-2020, 12:39 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,747
Niced 1,522 Times in 785 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
That's actually the problem I had with the proto I got. Traded it to my dubs partner and he throws it pretty well. I just couldn't dial it in.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-31-2020, 02:03 AM
disco40 disco40 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 321
Niced 279 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
I've seen discs like that but it hasn't been my experience with the Hades yet. The Bolt would do that to me. Little too much turn and its gone, not fighting back at all. Too much hyzer and it's spiking. Really small sweet spot.

Just got my first First Run in, have to decide if I'm going to throw it, ridiculously swirly.
They are beautiful discs. I also kind of want one just to have unspoiled. Ha, this is turning into an addiction.
Reply With Quote
 

  #150  
Old 10-31-2020, 02:19 AM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,770
Niced 978 Times in 756 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Found this interesting...I started throwing my new Hades, and it's slightly different from my proto in a strange way.

It's really prone to flipping totally over and diving, but it's not easier to flip to flat than my proto, if that makes sense. It seems less "stable" in terms of having a narrower range of throws where the disc behaves the way I expect it to. It's unstable, I suppose. Where I can throw the proto from flat to slightly hyzer pretty comfortably and get an expected result, with the new one, I can sometimes throw it normally and get an expected result, and sometimes it just goes bonkers.

Is this relatable? Do I just have a bad disc? It's not as consistently understable as it sounds. It just feels like something is wrong with it, that it is way too touchy.
MVP discs love to do this, specifically the Relativity. I feel your pain. You feel like you're putting a perfect release on a disc only to get a crap result. The disc won't really stand up from a hyzer release, but as soon as you release it flat it wants to dive bomb right.

Unstable is a good term. Finicky an uncontrollable.

My 2 Hades' are actually slightly more overstable than I was expecting. I can make them turn, but it takes a good rip. They won't flip all the way over. Like any other high speed driver, I assume there's some inconsistency.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beat to Hades Firebirds...no dx or reg pro SMontgomery The Marketplace 1 05-20-2014 03:41 PM
the "speed 12" wraith (beat to hades) phrumphkin The Marketplace 4 10-28-2012 09:10 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.