Old 05-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default vasco's sidearm form

hi there!

i'm a predominant sidearm-player and looking for improvement. to me it seems my timing is a little bit off and i'm missing the right moment for bracing. another problem (i'm trying to fix) is rolling my wrist. what else do you see?

on one hand i'm quiet happy that both throws are extremely similar, on the other hand i fear that any future changes in my form are hard to achieve.

thanks for all your comments, tipps and ideas!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 12:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,630 Times in 1,656 Posts

I'm interested to see what SW22 says.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=128673

I think you are overdoing the elbow in backswing and forward swing. You pull it back a lot of the shoulders to beyond parallel, and you end up bringing it forward of your shoulders during the swing. The prevents you from using the shoulders/torso to leverage through your arm continually. I think at least as you seem to have optimized what you're doing.

You seem to have really good balance and transfer to my eyes. Seems you could maybe set up a bit more closed to the target to get more weight shift...this also may happen naturally to hit your lines when you change your upper arm a bit.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 227
Niced 4,088 Times in 2,476 Posts

I'm not sure if this would be considered the inverted W because the body is so bent over, but the arm swing appears to be a little late, the front arm and hip don't clear out of way due to the feet being so open in stance, so the followthrough/deceleration phase is shortened and putting risk of injury higher.

Note in 1st pic how I'm more balanced upright with head above shoulders and feet are more lateral/sideways and front hand balanced over front foot, I appear more relaxed. Your feet are facing forwards and you are really crouched over/looks uncomfortable and tensioned.

Note in 2nd pic how my front hip has cleared further back behind me, and my front hand retracted back finishes over rear foot so it got out of the way for the rear arm/disc to swing through more and remains more balanced. My body has turned more by cleared behind the front ankle, my rear shoulder finishes right over the front foot and my center of gravity remains relatively compressed to the ground in the finish. You have not cleared the front hip back, or the front arm, so your body/center of gravity has to stand up more out of compression through the finish and you tip over the front ankle and are not able to rotate/pivot the body all the way through.