#91  
Old 10-20-2019, 04:17 PM
trasf trasf is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Courses Played: 46
Posts: 38
Niced 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Would be fun if Henna, Eveliina and Kristin gets a sponsor that can help them play on the tour next year

Discraft "needs" a top FPO player. . could they get any of these three players?
I don't know what's the deal with Henna, but her lack of touring isn't because sponsor isn't supporting her, it's something personal. There is still the old van ready that was left unused after KJones left to prodigy.

Eve said that she wants to tour US and would've done full tour this season, but won't do it without friend or better yet, touring partner.

Those two are close friends, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both of them tour in prodiscus van, if Henna decides to start tour more in US.

I'd say Kristin does everything together with Silver and L64 is quite dominant event organizer in Estonia, so of course they want to keep the best of the country under their brand.

I am more interested about prodigy and situation where it is now, discs are not selling that well and because of it, it's gonna affect the company and its sponsored players.
Sponsored Links
  #92  
Old 10-20-2019, 04:49 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,986
Niced 1,447 Times in 837 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trasf View Post
....
I am more interested about prodigy and situation where it is now, discs are not selling that well and because of it, it's gonna affect the company and its sponsored players.
Source please

Niced: (4)
  #93  
Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Arisugawa's Avatar
Arisugawa Arisugawa is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 91
Posts: 79
Niced 100 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post

...can you at least tell us whether you have actually held one of the new mids? Or are they still early in the experimenting/design stage?... The not knowing anything part of all this(combined with some people losing their favorite disc) has really soured a bunch of people on MVP.
I understand. I'm going to lose the Theory, amongst one or two other molds or plastic-specific molds. On other hand, one of the things I've been wanting for a long time are mid-range discs with a smaller depth of height. My hands aren't that large, and I sometime have difficult getting a good throw on discs with a taller profile. So if we're going to get a long more things closer to the Pyro in profile compared to say, the Tensor, I'm happy with that.

Saying that, though, no, I have no knowledge of the upcoming new discs.

  #94  
Old 10-21-2019, 04:30 AM
Jolt Jolt is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,021
Niced 1,828 Times in 1,023 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trasf View Post
I don't know what's the deal with Henna, but her lack of touring isn't because sponsor isn't supporting her, it's something personal. There is still the old van ready that was left unused after KJones left to prodigy.

Eve said that she wants to tour US and would've done full tour this season, but won't do it without friend or better yet, touring partner.

Those two are close friends, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both of them tour in prodiscus van, if Henna decides to start tour more in US.

I'd say Kristin does everything together with Silver and L64 is quite dominant event organizer in Estonia, so of course they want to keep the best of the country under their brand.

I am more interested about prodigy and situation where it is now, discs are not selling that well and because of it, it's gonna affect the company and its sponsored players.
Henna is still very young, and to say "hey i want to go to the US and live on my own in a Van for 6month" may not go well with family and friends

If Henna and Eveliina goes together that might make things alot easier

To have Kristin, Henna and Eveliina play with all the US pros will make the FPO side of things very fun. . FPO Worlds was really fun

Niced: (2)
  #95  
Old 10-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Reniger's Avatar
Reniger Reniger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Mighty Mitten
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,877
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Sir, you are out of date... Your profile only says "4x World Champion." Pitter patter, let's get at 'er!

  #96  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:12 AM
filobedo's Avatar
filobedo filobedo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Born, bred and shaped in the 843
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 272
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,185
Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Chris Clemons could be a name to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Discraft. He's good buddies with Presnell and doesn't seem to fit the bill of the annoying DD social media always in your face cult.
Big fan of Clemons. Saw him in a restaurant after the final round of the USDGC and he was very kind but I was surprised only one other DD player was with him. Hopefully he leaves a team made up of personalities for a manufacturer that has competitive team members.

Niced: (1)
  #97  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:25 PM
jvphobic jvphobic is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,044
Niced 2,059 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filobedo View Post
...Hopefully he leaves a team made up of personalities for a manufacturer that has competitive team members.
I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.

  #98  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
BuiltTooLong's Avatar
BuiltTooLong BuiltTooLong is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 634
Niced 648 Times in 299 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
I don't mean to insult you. But what a dumb take this is. I truly don't understand the silly internet hate that the DD team gets sometimes. All I can think is that people are jealous that DD absolutely KILLS it at the media game and their favorite brand is probably left in the dust comparatively. And does this spread to all the Trilogy lineup? Emerson Keith is doing pretty well with the Lat64 stuff and that includes some DD plastic.

DD has lacked a regular top 5 MPO finisher since Emac left the touring scene. I really hope that Clemons stays with DD and becomes that player. He has the potential to.

If you put every sponsored team each into their own separate room, I know that if I went into the team DD room I would probably have the most fun. Most of you internet posters have never once even spoken to these players. And every time I see someone disparage DD (or any team) I just think, "Wow. That person is stupid." And I hope that every other person reading it does as well.
I realize that DD helps support your company, but its not that difficult to understand why people get annoyed with them. It doesn't mean its a "dumb take", it means people dislike their in-your-face social media strategy of getting people to buy their products. They depend on their players acting and dressing like clowns (Risley, Oakley) instead of their players demonstrating and showcasing elite shots and finishes w/their companies discs.

Ripping people for rooting for and against certain teams seems short-sited. Rivalries produce more spectators and increase drama, something I know you are keen on. Do you rip people for liking the Packers and hating on the Vikings too? I didn't think so.

  #99  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:55 PM
biscoe biscoe is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 6,950
Niced 2,544 Times in 1,025 Posts
Default

It never ceases to amaze me how much people tend to lump players with shared sponsors into one bucket. They are "teams" in name only for the most part. Team DD doesn't get together for s'mores and sing Kum Ba Yah at each event they attend. (Or do they?)

Niced: (1)
 

  #100  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 367
Niced 500 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
I realize that DD helps support your company, but its not that difficult to understand why people get annoyed with them. It doesn't mean its a "dumb take", it means people dislike their in-your-face social media strategy of getting people to buy their products. They depend on their players acting and dressing like clowns (Risley, Oakley) instead of their players demonstrating and showcasing elite shots and finishes w/their companies discs.

Ripping people for rooting for and against certain teams seems short-sited. Rivalries produce more spectators and increase drama, something I know you are keen on. Do you rip people for liking the Packers and hating on the Vikings too? I didn't think so.
I have a lot of respect for how Oakley has improved his rating since joining DD. And the Whale Pants video offerings are strong. I might dislike how pro disc golfers are asked to turn themselves into commodities for their sake and the sake of the companies they represent (especially the case for DD), but I can respect how some people excel at it. The vitriol they receive sure is something.

Niced: (4)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread Buchajs1 General Disc Golf Chat 4198 08-23-2019 03:46 PM
Which non-DG companies should sponsor pros? davetherocketguy General Disc Golf Chat 51 02-08-2019 12:34 PM
The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Bgso General Disc Golf Chat 882 03-25-2018 11:56 PM
The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 1267 07-15-2017 05:23 AM
The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread bhadella General Disc Golf Chat 1046 11-11-2016 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.