Old 01-20-2020, 08:32 PM
Par Member

Niced 142 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I think it's cool that a handful of pros are reaching out to give him some pointers. I've always found that open level players aren't so eager to let out their secrets. Could be just be me.
From the other Bro' thread...

My bold prediction:

Paul and Simon are not training Bro'Smith out of the goodness of their hearts. They want part of the Bro'Smith fame. They are going to start a YouTube channel themselves - My guess is just the 3 of them - Vlog / Trick Shots / Tour Life...

PMcBeth = best disc golfer on planet + brings viewers to watch him make cookies.
Simon = great disc golfer, loveable personality, Vlog is killing it + made cookies.
Bro'Smith = 2 million viewers that would watch him take a dump if posted + could make cookies.

Now consider if they put all their power rings together...

NOTE: I am enjoying all of this way too much.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 01-21-2020, 07:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,246 Times in 711 Posts

^^^ Nope. It's all fun and games in the off season. Once the tour gets going, things will be all business for Paul. Simon.. never really sure where he ends up season to season. lol..
Old 01-21-2020, 09:12 AM
Par Member

Niced 78 Times in 41 Posts

I think there's a good chance they will start creating content together more often throughout the season. The joining of their skills does make for compelling viewing possibilities. It probably depends if they can gel better on screen than the last video they did together. There is also the possibility that there will be very few lead cards without at least one of them on it which further improves the potential for their brand as a 'group'.

It's in Simon and Paul's interest to have Brodie's fans see their work and bring good content ideas, it's in Brodie's interest to have their weight with the current DG audience, skills for high quality work, knowledge and advice for his own development. They've got the connections and the know-how, Brodie has the ideas, the audience and the monetization.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 105
Niced 648 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I wonder if it is entirely possible that the fans of just Brodie Smith are going to revolt every time he is playing an event but not on camera?
Yes for sure, but it's even more likely that people will get upset his card is being covered over their favorite pro for the first round of an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
Jordan Castro is just waiting to call him for a penalty. I can feel it.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 272 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Paul & Simon are getting paid (or just part of the job) to interact with Brodie.
Who is paying them? It certainly isn't Discraft.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 62
Niced 446 Times in 235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Yes for sure, but it's even more likely that people will get upset his card is being covered over their favorite pro for the first round of an event.
I'd be willing to bet he has his own camera following his card. There's no way he's not going to record any of this.

The question is which will get more views...Lead card or Bro card?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 29 Times in 22 Posts

In case anyone wants to know, Reddit is having an ama tomorrow with Brodie. https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/

Niced: (1)
Old 01-21-2020, 07:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,041 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
That happens with nearly every first round card anyway. I would think he'll get a few "sponsor pick" lead cards at DC events... but I wouldn't think it would be early in the season, unless he just comes out of the gate firing 980+ rounds. Memorial is a DC event but probably not the type of courses you would want to highlight your nooby guy on... 10+ OBs later...

Old 01-21-2020, 07:40 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 220 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
... At least that seems like a violation stepping over the lie before the disc is finished in flight...
Not a violation either. Within 10m the player must demonstrate balance before advancing past the marker. That's all. Doesn't matter what the disc is doing.

Quote:
90% of the other top players tend to stay behind the disc as it is moving...
Just coincidence - by the time a player has demonstrated balance, most putts will have come to rest anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 01-21-2020, 07:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 32
Niced 716 Times in 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
From the other Bro' thread...

My bold prediction:

Paul and Simon are not training Bro'Smith out of the goodness of their hearts. They want part of the Bro'Smith fame. They are going to start a YouTube channel themselves - My guess is just the 3 of them - Vlog / Trick Shots / Tour Life...

PMcBeth = best disc golfer on planet + brings viewers to watch him make cookies.
Simon = great disc golfer, loveable personality, Vlog is killing it + made cookies.
Bro'Smith = 2 million viewers that would watch him take a dump if posted + could make cookies.

Now consider if they put all their power rings together...

NOTE: I am enjoying all of this way too much.
I can't believe I watched that video of Simon & Paul making cookies. I'm disgusted with myself that I sat through the whole thing.