Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 116
Niced 251 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Centralia, Camden 2, Fairfield gold, north woods, Megiddo and highland. I don’t dislike the canyons, I just like these better.
Never played those, but I'm jonesing for jarva junior...top rated disc golf destination...0 reviews...6 holes...
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Mando; 01-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 244 Times in 118 Posts

Found this video of Eagle vs Krokhol in the video section of DGCR. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ls&videoid=804
When talking disc golf courses it appears the Europeans have it going on. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11121

My bucket list is beginning to look unattainable.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by air show View Post
Found this video of Eagle vs Krokhol in the video section of DGCR. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ls&videoid=804
When talking disc golf courses it appears the Europeans have it going on. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11121

My bucket list is beginning to look unattainable.
Super cool. It's that Jarva junior that I really want to bag. It's the top disc course destination in the world,doncha know ?
Old 01-27-2020, 10:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm not sure of their current arrangement, but I do know TimG was a DiscGolfPark rep in 2015 per all things disc golf. Jarva !

Last edited by Mando; 01-27-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 58
Niced 261 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
LOL. Actually got involved in the conversation, and kinda forgot about #10K.

Harmon is reminiscent of Woodshed and Whippin' Post in some ways. Moraine's rough creates a different feel to me, but I can see that comparison, too. It's like saying which super model is hotter. I'm just glad to have been on that date.

I haven't played any of the best CA, OR, CO, WA, or even TX, has to offer, so I can't really say this or that course is a legit Top 10, or maybe even 25. I can just say a course is "Destination Worthy."

That's not a term I use lightly. It's reserved for courses I think are worthy of anchoring trips that take several days and cost several hundred$ (or more depending on your choice of accomodations).

I tip my cap to TVK. Being able to travel and play courses the way he does is a DG'ers dream. When someone who's seen as many courses he (or Martin Dewgarita) has, says the course on Prince Edward Island is special... I know can believe it.
Dude I must be lined up in your DG life's wake perfectly because one day I looked up and you were at Nice 2000. And then months later I look up and you're at post 10000. "What could be next?" I wonder.

Last edited by NDABRUSH; 01-29-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:05 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,478 Times in 1,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
Dude I must be lined up in your DG life's wake perfectly because one day I looked up and you were at Nice 2000. And then months later I look up and you're at post 10000. "What could be next?" I wonder.
Thanks for noticing.

... I think.

*hears voice in his head* ... "Great, that's just what I need... an online stalker."

TBH, at this point, I don't really pay attention to # of posts or nices ...mine or anyone else's for that matter. I pay attention to # of courses played and where, the content of what people post, what I think the intent behind their post is, and perhaps most importantly, their "body of work on DGCR," which is primarily the only way I can form any sort of opinion of people I've never met.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 01-29-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 299
Niced 92 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
TBH, at this point, I don't really pay attention to # of posts or nices ...mine or anyone else's for that matter. I pay attention to # of courses played and where,
^^This! I got blasted a while back for commenting on people's perspectives on "best courses" based on where they've played. People that have played all over the country have a better understanding of what "the best" is than those that only play in their region.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 448
Niced 118 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerico View Post
^^This! I got blasted a while back for commenting on people's perspectives on "best courses" based on where they've played. People that have played all over the country have a better understanding of what "the best" is than those that only play in their region.
Definitely agree with this. Our little group wouldn't even allow each other to have opinions on courses till they at least played 100 courses. Which was only half way a joke and 100% a way to stop the lawyer in the group from talking. Now we have to make the minimum 200 to get him to stop talking. My opinion on course design has certainly changed over the years as I've played different topography and more and more courses. One good example of this is my opinion on TOTW shots. Plenty of courses have a great looking, fun, straight forward TOTW shot, but the truly great TOTW shots have some other unique attribute. Maybe a low ceiling that comes into play late in the hole, or an OTT line with a left or right bend, etc.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 299
Niced 92 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefedora View Post
Definitely agree with this. Our little group wouldn't even allow each other to have opinions on courses till they at least played 100 courses. ..
Checking your course map now to see if I care about your opinion hahahaha!

Niced: (1)

Old 01-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 58
Niced 261 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for noticing.

... I think.

*hears voice in his head* ... "Great, that's just what I need... an online stalker."

TBH, at this point, I don't really pay attention to # of posts or nices ...mine or anyone else's for that matter. I pay attention to # of courses played and where, the content of what people post, what I think the intent behind their post is, and perhaps most importantly, their "body of work on DGCR," which is primarily the only way I can form any sort of opinion of people I've never met.
That's why I had to mention it, I don't usually look at the post count anymore...... or any count for that matter. Plus I hadn't visited the site in about a week so what are the odds? The only course counts I occasionally glance at is Danhyzer for his approach to 2000 and Pizza God on his hard slog to 1000. PG has driven well over 100,000 miles bagging those courses. Not to sell any of you short that have bagged over 100 and had to do a lot of driving to do so. Some of us don't live in an area that has 50 courses within 50 miles..

Last edited by NDABRUSH; 01-29-2020 at 02:55 PM.