* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 418 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
strangest white knighting i ever did see, right here in this thread
I have no problem standing in front of an angry mob of internet trolls. This is DGCR, they can’t even downvote. People are actually advocating yelling at someone, when we all know that they would never say anything to his face.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2020, 03:05 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 47 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
It’s perfectly logical analogy, and is only being ridiculed because people in this thread have already made up their mind - they’ve chosen to go with the mob. Again, saying something is bad once is one thing, yelling at someone for 6 months is a whole other, and to put it lightly everybody is not using the word PLEASE.
They probably did for the first 2 months, and then seeing that Ricky did not seem to react. They went from stronger words.

In all honesty, I would be ready to bully Ricky, put his so-colled "doctor" in jail to get him back on a healthy path.

It may be egoistic, but I wouldn't give up on it until I feel like I've tried everything. Otherwise, I may regret it and feel like it's my own fault.

The day Ricky tells everyone to f*** off and let him live, then I'll stop. Until then, there's a chance to make him change his mind and save him.

All he needs is a massive slap in the face, and I don't want it to be the fact that he won't be able to ever walk again.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 334
Niced 390 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I have no problem standing in front of an angry mob of internet trolls
yes, we see how noble you are

Quote:
People are actually advocating yelling at someone
i don't know (or care) what happened on social media but nobody did that here. we are just expressing our disapproval of a foolish course of action.

Last edited by dreadlock86; 03-03-2020 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 870 Times in 458 Posts

I dont know. If it was some 990 rated hack I probably would not care as much. But Ricky is easily top 3 when healthy, and top1 even sometimes. Throwing that into the crapper just annoys me. I am sure people at Innova arent happy either but what can they do.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,823 Times in 1,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I dont know. If it was some 990 rated hack I probably would not care as much. But Ricky is easily top 3 when healthy, and top1 even sometimes. Throwing that into the crapper just annoys me. I am sure people at Innova arent happy either but what can they do.
If it΄s in his contract to see a doctor every year Innova should be able to force him to go.

In most sports when you sign a player that player goes throw meticulous physical examination by a ton of doctors.. . and then have regular checkups

I would think the players have a medical clause in their contracts?

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 05:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,503 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post

I would think the players have a medical clause in their contracts?
I would be shocked if they do. My much lower level contract has nothing of the sort. While the big names have contracts which are much more individualized I would still be surprised to see any sort of medical clause.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,823 Times in 1,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I would be shocked if they do. My much lower level contract has nothing of the sort. While the big names have contracts which are much more individualized I would still be surprised to see any sort of medical clause.
Seems odd to me that a company can give a player a +$100 000 a year contract without any kind of medical clause
Old 03-03-2020, 06:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,503 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Seems odd to me that a company can give a player a +$100 000 a year contract without any kind of medical clause
Things are evolving quickly so maybe some do. DG is still at a point where at least one decent sized company literally had no contract with their star player as of last year though.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-03-2020, 08:58 AM

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
During the interview with Terry, Rick says he has faith in his nutritionist because "he has cured it himself and has tons of clients that he's cured".

Only a few moments later, the nutritionist implicitly states MULTIPLE times that he does NOT cure anybody or anything. Hearing this and hearing Rick bring up his mental awareness repeatedly, makes me have to consider that he may be dealing with [BOLD]some type of autism spectrum disorder[/BOLD]. Stating that this knee injury has nothing to do with Lyme disease shows me he is having difficulty comprehending.
Just so there's no confusion, there is only one autism disorder and that's why the word spectrum was added.

With that said, I was diagnosed as being on the spectrum in my 30s and based on what I've learned from my own behaviors and counselling, I have also suspected that Ricky was on the spectrum due to his demeanor during tournament footage, interviews, clinics etc. Perhaps his family had a poor interaction with doctors regarding a diagnosis and hence why they adopted this stance?

I have a strong distrust for pharmaceutical companies due to how they basically bribe doctors to push samples of their patented (re: expensive) drugs on patients, but there are many important diseases which can and must be treated quickly for quality of life. What's really sad is I saw someone mention that Ricky had already been on a dose of doxy for an infection, so clearly he and his family are not against antibiotics?? Not all antibiotics work for everyone and a different / stronger dose in the tetracycline family may have been needed.

Regardless of why he has chosen this route, it's sad to think that his career is likely going to be cut short because of a tick bite and it was painful watching him limping around at the memorial on the coverage I saw.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 270
Niced 21 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Mars View Post
What's really sad is I saw someone mention that Ricky had already been on a dose of doxy for an infection, so clearly he and his family are not against antibiotics??
I was going to post the same thing.
He also admitted he didn't even see a doctor...around 37:30 in the video. WHAT!!????

As someone who recovered from Lyme some 18 years ago, this is heartbreaking to watch. I was back to dg, work, etc within five days and haven't had complications since.