Old 10-21-2019, 03:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,828 Times in 1,023 Posts

had great success with the Z Dye HEAT on the most difficult hole on my home course. . .a thight low ceiling tunnel shot where i have to land flat and skip forward.
Most discs land and skip left or right into absolut jail . . the HEAT just skip forward

But i need to throw it quite soft with alot of "touch" for it to fly this way. .. but it flies quite far with just a soft throw
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 95 Posts

Been throwing an ESP Heat for a while and really liking it, first one I had got pretty flippy and I ended up losing it, working on a second one now that is a staple in my bag but I was contemplating a Z Heat, I've tried a Z Flx and Crystal Z and didn't care for them, for a bit more stability as the ESP one breaks in.

I'm curious about the dome on them, can anyone tell me if the flatter ones flew less stable?
Old 03-11-2020, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,828 Times in 1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshelton View Post
Been throwing an ESP Heat for a while and really liking it, first one I had got pretty flippy and I ended up losing it, working on a second one now that is a staple in my bag but I was contemplating a Z Heat, I've tried a Z Flx and Crystal Z and didn't care for them, for a bit more stability as the ESP one breaks in.

I'm curious about the dome on them, can anyone tell me if the flatter ones flew less stable?
I have a few ZFLX, ESP, Ti and Z Dyed. . and of mine, the domey ones are the most US. . i go back and forth between HEAT and AVENGER SS and i find for both, that the flatter ones are the stable ones and the more Dome the more US they are

EDIt but i can add that most of my Heat and Avenger SS fly WAY different . . i have from quite stable to super flippy. . and they are all quite new
Old 03-28-2020, 11:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 265 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:

So I love the Heat, but I have three very different versions:
165g Elite-Z
173g Big-Z
173g Z-FLX

There's no discernable difference in dome between my Z-FLX and the Big-Z, but the Z-FLX flies significantly more stable of the three and plays more like a glidey mantis, which isn't a bad thing, but is very different from my other heat variants.
The 165g Z was my first one, and if anything has less dome than the others, but I have to put too much hyzer on it to get the flight I want, and once it starts turning, it never comes back.
I bag the 173g Big-Z... it's also easy to flip and with few exception, reliably turns over to finish.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 857 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
So I love the Heat, but I have three very different versions:
165g Elite-Z
173g Big-Z
173g Z-FLX

There's no discernable difference in dome between my Z-FLX and the Big-Z, but the Z-FLX flies significantly more stable of the three and plays more like a glidey mantis, which isn't a bad thing, but is very different from my other heat variants.
The 165g Z was my first one, and if anything has less dome than the others, but I have to put too much hyzer on it to get the flight I want, and once it starts turning, it never comes back.
I bag the 173g Big-Z... it's also easy to flip and with few exception, reliably turns over to finish.
Z FLX seems to be the most overstable plastic variety Discraft makes. I have a 165g Z FLX Heat, and it will hold a line pretty nicely.

If you start getting into faster drivers Z FLX becomes way too overstable to throw for distance. Things like Nukes.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 170
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

Quote:

I've thrown a flattish Big Z, two domey Zs, and a domey Z-FLX. The Big Z is the flippiest, followed by the Z-FLX and then the domey Zs are noticeably more stable, very Comet-esque neutral. I think stiff, max weight Z Heats are the best option for the most (over)stability.

Niced: (1)