Old 11-29-2019, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 419 Times in 215 Posts

For forehand, Luster L3s are my favorite neutral to understable speed 6/7 I've come across. Maybe someday I'll have a Gibson that will flip and not fade, but for now I enjoy what it does best.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 151 Times in 93 Posts

The Gibson's are sooo good for forehandsd
Old 03-12-2020, 07:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 32
Niced 716 Times in 434 Posts

Too lazy to read through the thread....

The Leopard3 has the same rim as the OG Leopard but is supposed to have the flat 3 top? Like Teebird & Teebird3?

What's everyone's preferred plastic on this one? G*, Star or some type of Champion?

I came across a G* Leopard3 on the course (left behind) & really liked the feel of it.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:32 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 160 Times in 105 Posts

I have one Gibson luster, it is very neutral and great. Holds lines well. Stable for a leo3.

I have an older penned champ that is more traditional in flight, flip to flat, flat to turn.

Glow champ is between the two, closer to the traditional champ.

I carry the straight up champ for turnovers and stand still type stuff.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 167 Times in 86 Posts

This thing is finding its way into my bag because it pushes further before the soft fade, while my regular Leop needs some room to move to the right to fly as far. That's in champ plastic, on a noodle arm. I'm glad to have access to both flights.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 549 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post

The Leopard3 has the same rim as the OG Leopard but is supposed to have the flat 3 top? Like Teebird & Teebird3?

What's everyone's preferred plastic on this one? G*, Star or some type of Champion?

I came across a G* Leopard3 on the course (left behind) & really liked the feel of it.
I used to throw Star Leopards, still have my old PFN that I have now replaced with Champ Leo3s. I have switched to Champ for my fairways. Personal preference; I think it feels better in general than the average Star currently feels.

The Champ L3s I have thrown are pretty close to a well seasoned stable Teebird or a moderate FD (Champ/C-Line respectively) out of the box, with maybe some turn right away thrown flat and hard. They hyzerflip to flat or to turn soon enough though, basically what you expect from a Leopard. I imagine GStar would be there right away.

They are less domey than your typical Leopards but still some dome there. Haven't thrown any that are flat.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 183 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
I used to throw Star Leopards, still have my old PFN that I have now replaced with Champ Leo3s. I have switched to Champ for my fairways. Personal preference; I think it feels better in general than the average Star currently feels.

The Champ L3s I have thrown are pretty close to a well seasoned stable Teebird or a moderate FD (Champ/C-Line respectively) out of the box, with maybe some turn right away thrown flat and hard. They hyzerflip to flat or to turn soon enough though, basically what you expect from a Leopard. I imagine GStar would be there right away.

They are less domey than your typical Leopards but still some dome there. Haven't thrown any that are flat.
I agree with this for the Champion ones, well seasoned Teebird is a good comparison. They'll hold a hyzer at moderate power or flip to flat if you really lay into it. The Stars are more true to the numbers and easier to flip, my preference for wooded shots. I bag both plastics and love how far they can fly.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:45 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 55 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:

I had a G* Leo3 that I threw a lot at altitude in Colorado. Having moved many feet closer to earth's surface, though, it's a little too flippy. Now I use a 165g S-Line FD for the same hyzer-flip, wander slightly right, finish straight shots.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:35 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,375 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
I've got a Star, a Glow Champion, several regular Champion, Hannah Leatherman Swirly Star, Hannah Leatherman Glow Champion, Gibson Luster Champion, and I had a DX that was claimed when the DG gods of the Lake demanded sacrifice.

My favorite is the Hannah Leatherman Glow Champion, but the regular Champion comes in the 160-class weights that I prefer. So I mostly bag one or the other of those.