Old 03-13-2020, 08:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,108 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
Maybe Ricky’s herbalist can put together a bag of juju spices to wear around the neck to cure covid-19 and get things back to normal.
LOLOL
Use Lyme to fight off the Covid19, then essential oils cure the Lyme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
Disc Golf:
We dont die, we multiply!!

Bonus if you know the quotes origin, maybe
I first heard it in the outro to a Ludacris song, something of either Chicken & Beer or Red Light District. But there seems to be a consensus that the actual origin is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
If GBO doesn’t happen this year then having a 2020 GBO stamped disc might make a neat collectible.
Interesting. True.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 167 Times in 86 Posts

Congrats to COVID-19 and the Pro Tour for coming together and robbing Paul McBeth of another victory at WACO on behalf of some dude with a mustache! At first, it didn't seem like the overblown sensation would dig its paranoid tendrils into the obscure sport of Super Lawn Frisbee, but with a little help from the hyper-PR-aware cowardice of the modern corporate model of the Pro Tour, together they capitalized on McBeth's failure to lead wire-to-wire, cutting down the champion in a headwind of convenience. In the coming weeks, COVID-19 looks forward to ravaging the freaky shag van of the mustachioed tournament winner guy and his frisbee chick.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by disco40; 03-13-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 213
Niced 386 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
As a club that runs 8 tournaments and four leagues a season, I don't see the value in refunding in merch. Maybe offering players pack as a refund option, but I think we will be offering whatever our players want. Even if it costs us in the end.
I respect your position immensely. Very commendable. I was only answering the person who claimed TD's and clubs who were ahead in ordering would be "stuck" with merch and out of money on refunds. This amendment clearly addresses that. But it is always better when leaders can stand like Mark Cuban and you guys have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Congrats to COVID-19 and the Pro Tour for coming together and robbing Paul McBeth of another victory at WACO on behalf of some dude with a mustache! At first, it didn't seem like the overblown sensation would dig its paranoid tendrils into the obscure sport of Super Lawn Frisbee, but with a little help from the hyper-PR-aware cowardice of the modern corporate model of the Pro Tour, together they capitalized on McBeth's failure to lead wire-to-wire, cutting down the champion in a headwind of convenience. In the coming weeks, COVID-19 looks forward to ravaging the freaky shag van of the mustachioed tournament winner guy and his frisbee chick.
Say what? Like, in really? You really think it's a conspiracy?

Old 03-13-2020, 09:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 13
Niced 167 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
Say what? Like, in really? You really think it's a conspiracy?
Like really, you think I was being sincere?

I'm just a little gotten to over the tournament ending and panic infecting DG (and Paul not winning). Hell, they probably even did the right thing. Maybe. I still don't like that mustache though.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:18 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 723 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
Like really, you think I was being sincere?

I'm just a little gotten to over the tournament ending and panic infecting DG (and Paul not winning). Hell, they probably even did the right thing. Maybe. I still don't like that mustache though.
It’s a molestache fo sho

Old 03-13-2020, 11:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 63
Niced 18 Times in 12 Posts

This pisses me off... with all the pro sports gone I was hopeful that the PDGA would just ban spectators, tournament gatherings, and high fiving, and then keep the events and video coverage. I don't think this had to happen, disc golf is a non contact individual sport in the outdoors.

I'm running out of things to do in my winter bunker. You can only have so many toilet paper fights.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 829 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
This pisses me off... with all the pro sports gone I was hopeful that the PDGA would just ban spectators, tournament gatherings, and high fiving, and then keep the events and video coverage. I don't think this had to happen, disc golf is a non contact individual sport in the outdoors.

I'm running out of things to do in my winter bunker. You can only have so many toilet paper fights.
go outside and play disc golf?

America is already in full panic, no logic, hoard non-essential supplies mode. It's going to get much much more stupid in the coming weeks. It doesn't make sense to have touring pros or any kind of event held at public parks were local authorities are coming up with their own version of controlling the situation and botching it horribly to boot.

PGA can do whatever they want because they play on private courses (mostly). We have enough challenge dealing with the parks dept, and local gov on a good day. This is not a good day.

Do I think the whole thing is stupid? Yes, of course. Is some kind of response warranted? Absolutely. America is just the kind of place that can't do these types of things right, we haven't been for a long long time. Logic doesn't rule this country, fear does.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:02 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 207 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
You can only have so many toilet paper fights.
I absolutely need to know, what is a toilet paper fight?

Feel free to include rules and strategies. After only just hearing about it, my immediate plan is to become the best toilet paper fighter of all time.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:08 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 723 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
go outside and play disc golf?

America is already in full panic, no logic, hoard non-essential supplies mode. It's going to get much much more stupid in the coming weeks. It doesn't make sense to have touring pros or any kind of event held at public parks were local authorities are coming up with their own version of controlling the situation and botching it horribly to boot.

PGA can do whatever they want because they play on private courses (mostly). We have enough challenge dealing with the parks dept, and local gov on a good day. This is not a good day.

Do I think the whole thing is stupid? Yes, of course. Is some kind of response warranted? Absolutely. America is just the kind of place that can't do these types of things right, we haven't been for a long long time. Logic doesn't rule this country, fear does.
I would love to believe that you’re right about it being overreaction, however that requires believing that both China and Italy never happened.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,339 Times in 748 Posts

We had the luxury of seeing how other countries mishandled this yet we still botched it.