#1951  
Old 03-16-2020, 05:25 PM
PeterMonk's Avatar
PeterMonk PeterMonk is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lacey, WA
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 403
Niced 66 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1952  
Old 03-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Mediocrefellow Mediocrefellow is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: AB
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 176
Niced 75 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMonk View Post
Curious about how the Reactor is going to compare to the Matrix. I am liking the Matrix especially and unexpectedly for tunnel sidearm shots.
Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1953  
Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,252
Niced 781 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
Seems that it's got more fight to it so likely a little less turn and a little more fade. Even my proton matrix when new would hold an anny right until it flattened out at the end. Would ever really come back, from the tk disc golf video I checked out it seems like it'll sill hold the line but try to figure back at the end. I imagine in a moderate heading it'd fly the same as a matrix on a calm day.

Guessing that a reactor paired with a cycle of electron matrices or maybe a if the reactor comes in electron then 2 reactors and 2 matrix would be your whole mid range section filled if you did fresh electron / beat electron pairs of them. I know I'm loving my cycle of electron matrices pair with my proton. Only mid I carry now.

I do wonder though if I could just use my envys and atom just as effectively since the atom actually goes further than the Matrix a lot of the time lol low lines I guess are more mid friendly but those putters are insane..

I think a solid bag would be atom entropy reactor matrix relay crave fireball inertia Tesla Photon Octane Excite Dimension if you paired them all with fresh and beat counterparts. Could probably even get rid of a few of the US discs eventually. Atom entropy reactor crave Tesla Photon Dimension would be a solid bag for most courses honestly if they were all cycled.
I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1954  
Old 03-16-2020, 08:57 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,597
Niced 1,026 Times in 698 Posts
Default

I'm sort of excited for the ohm now, I watched the one YouTube video, looks like something I can get behind 5!! glide! That small diameter though.. I would love to see numbers like that in a midrange.
Reply With Quote
  #1955  
Old 03-17-2020, 02:41 AM
Mediocrefellow Mediocrefellow is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: AB
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 176
Niced 75 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I strongly considered going electron matrix to pair with my proton one. I love my proton one. I currently only bag 2 mids. A proton matrix and a plasma axis. I'd bag more but I throw ions, anodes, and a particle that go nearly as far. I also really love electron plastic..... especially the last 2 anodes (putting putters). We shall see. Until I lose that axis, I'm not changing anything. But....if/when that day comes, it'll likely be matrixes. Someday I'll probably get a deflector too, but I just power down a resistor and feel fine doing so.

My bag as of now rolls:
Electron Anodes for putting
Soft proton and firm E Anodes
Plasma and proton ions
Soft N particle

Plaz axis
Proton matrix

N resistor
Plaz crave
N volt

Proton insanity
Proton wrath

Newly added plaz wave

For reference I was a 300'ish thrower last season. Already past 330' after my second round this season. Found some glaring form issues that I sort have fixed.
The electron matrix once it hits a few trees is the straightest disc I have. It's like an Atom with less fade and a bit faster and farther. I rip mine on the slightest hyzer on 300ish holes and it flips up, turns very slightly and then sits down without the fade. It's beautiful to watch lol
Reply With Quote
  #1956  
Old 03-17-2020, 08:14 AM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 20
Posts: 2,163
Niced 1,199 Times in 515 Posts
Default

I got to throw the Ohm and Reactor yesterday.
I wrote a more comprehensive summary of the Ohm in the Ohm thread, but it is fantastic and I’m buying a stack for sure. Neutral, straight, glidey, long, etc. if you like Proxys, check out the Ohm.

I didn’t get many throws with the Reactor. Shaped like a less-blunt Buzzz and was more OS than a Buzzz. This one deserves more thrashing but looks promising

Reply With Quote
  #1957  
Old 03-19-2020, 12:04 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,597
Niced 1,026 Times in 698 Posts
Default

Well my night of straddle putts is over, no not by choice. Just kept landing for a straddle think I threw 6 tonight about half hit. I played a fresh proton spin, almost lost it again on the same hole I lost it for a week before. It's my nicest one too, deep pink/purple with white swirls. What a great disc, has lots of stability too. Now here's what's wiring me out:

I have two Envy's I'm beating up both plasma 167 thanks ACF.. The blue one has seen lots of use, cuts a beautiful anhyzer and has always been a lower stability kind of. I think it's easier to turn but it doesn't, it fades more than the other one. The green/silver one has a touch more hss and less lss, some of which is the approach angle (maybe all) since I throw it more nose down but it kind of stalls rather than anhyzering but fades less. It is better for tunnel shots, if there was such a thing tonight but I've been playing them all week.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #1958  
Old 03-24-2020, 11:26 PM
mrcheviot mrcheviot is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 37
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..
Reply With Quote
  #1959  
Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,867
Niced 5,036 Times in 2,626 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..
There is a nice 171g baby blue core white rim on Infinite
Reply With Quote
 

  #1960  
Old 03-25-2020, 12:33 AM
rocthecourse's Avatar
rocthecourse rocthecourse is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: WI (near Il border)
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,253
Niced 383 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheviot View Post
Out of curiosity - where are all the N Wraths at? Just about every site has really low inventory, and in meh colors (by Axiom standards at least). Need something between max Tesla and Insanity..
Axiom still hasn't figured out that they could sell more discs if they made more of the good colors.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.