#41  
Old 11-06-2018, 12:24 PM
hurricaine hurricaine is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 258
Niced 178 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Doesn't the D line feel like a board compared to the other plastics?! On one hand I kind of like being able to rip into D-line plastic, but when I choose to use it, it's generally for the glide.
mine has 0 glide. i struggle getting the distance i do with other very similair overstable putters.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-07-2018, 02:57 AM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,991
Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts
Default

Yeah Nate has crazy velocity on those putts. Sometimes leads to 3 putts when he's not dialed.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-07-2018, 06:11 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 176
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,405
Niced 807 Times in 374 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
mine has 0 glide. i struggle getting the distance i do with other very similair overstable putters.
0 glide is honestly a good thing to me since its an overstable putter.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-12-2018, 05:21 AM
Ajo1125 Ajo1125 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 96
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I dunno guys. Beat it in a little and the D-P3x is a straight flying driving putter, with shallowish rim, flat top and stiff grippy plastic. Love it. Although the Wizard may take over in my bag eventually.
Ive been cycling a few my oldest one is money from 300 or closer. I till keep an sp2 in the bag for a more overstable approach tho. Interested how the c lines feel and fly
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Lumberjack504's Avatar
Lumberjack504 Lumberjack504 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 476
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts
Default

Slight necro-bump.

I've put a C-P3X in the bag this season to slot between my blend warden and esp zone. It slots in there rather well. I love the feel of the P3X, and I like how the lower glide allows me to point-and-shoot and not have to dial my power input as much for those shorter upshots.

I also love the hand feel and flight of the warden, but it almost glides too far sometimes. I can pump it almost out to my roc distances. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm wondering if pairing my C-P3X with a couple D-P3X would simplify my throwing putter setup. I'm fairly confident in smoothing a roc to get the warden like flight and distance, so taking it out wouldn't leave a gaping hole in my bag.

Can anyone attest to the life cycle of seasoning a D-P3X, or, even better, compare it to a warden in mid/base plastic?

Either way, I may order a couple and audition it for a few rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-19-2020, 09:03 AM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 383
Niced 62 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Slight necro-bump.

I've put a C-P3X in the bag this season to slot between my blend warden and esp zone. It slots in there rather well. I love the feel of the P3X, and I like how the lower glide allows me to point-and-shoot and not have to dial my power input as much for those shorter upshots.

I also love the hand feel and flight of the warden, but it almost glides too far sometimes. I can pump it almost out to my roc distances. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm wondering if pairing my C-P3X with a couple D-P3X would simplify my throwing putter setup. I'm fairly confident in smoothing a roc to get the warden like flight and distance, so taking it out wouldn't leave a gaping hole in my bag.

Can anyone attest to the life cycle of seasoning a D-P3X, or, even better, compare it to a warden in mid/base plastic?

Either way, I may order a couple and audition it for a few rounds.
I don't bag the P3X, but I have a friend who does. He claims that the D line P3X's are more stable (when fresh) than the C line variants. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 354
Niced 195 Times in 118 Posts
Default

I only have experience with the C and S lines so cant help you out.

Odd thing is I gave away the C-line because it felt really deep and was a bit domey and just felt weird to throw.

The S-line feels great, is super flat, and the flight reminds me a lot of the Axiom Envy.

If you end up with some D-lines let me know what you think.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-19-2020, 10:49 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 176
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,405
Niced 807 Times in 374 Posts
Default

I have had a very different experience with the P3X. For stability, C-line - kinda overstable, S-line - slightly overstable, D-Line - Stable. The C and S lines that I have had have all been flat but to me the S-lines were deeper. The D-lines beat into nice stable to slightly understable but started out less overstable then the S or C line

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-19-2020, 05:15 PM
eyewreck eyewreck is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 7
Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Ive had a D P3x in the bag for a month or two now and its great for what I want from a throwing putter. Out of the box the fade is more like a 1.5 or 2, but you can put all the sausage and gravy on it you want. The JK Aviar I tried for this slot was too deep for my grip, the D P3x is just right for depth and feel for me. It hasnt really lost any of its stability either, hoping with the bead and everything Ill get a nice long life for a base plastic disc.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:59 AM
ArtemisClydFr0g ArtemisClydFr0g is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 179
Niced 50 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
I only have experience with the C and S lines so cant help you out.

Odd thing is I gave away the C-line because it felt really deep and was a bit domey and just felt weird to throw.

The S-line feels great, is super flat, and the flight reminds me a lot of the Axiom Envy.

If you end up with some D-lines let me know what you think.
I think you got a freak with that C-line. I haven't seen a single domey P3x in C-line, or any plastic for that matter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P3x AndyGottem The Marketplace 0 09-24-2018 01:58 AM
Straight flying friend to P3X? Simontili Discs 11 08-24-2018 04:50 PM
175 s-line p3x gerth_vader The Marketplace 0 01-08-2018 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.