Old 02-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
Finally got out to throw my 170g FR last night, and really liked it. WAY more stable than my Falks.

My favorite disc off the shelf is a Pro Thunderbird, straight as an arrow out to 330' with a nice dependable fade FH and BH. Lots is just a hair less HSS, showing a tiny and consistent bit of turn that just results in more forward-penetrating fade. Really seems like a winner.

I'm just starting my field work for the spring, but I'll be comparing it to my Valkyries and Wraiths soon.
I've only thrown my stock run so far, which is supposed to be a hair less stable than the FR. I really enjoy the disc and see fairly similar results to what you mentioned...That being said, I wouldn't throw this disc in a headwind. I gave it a couple throws into one, and with less power than I would typically put on a 9 spd, it turned and burned. Great disc nonetheless.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 828 Times in 364 Posts

Wow. Picked up a K1 Lots as my first ever Kastaplast disc this week and brought it out for some scenic quarantine studies and I am blown away.

First of all, the rim shape and depth in this plastic feel so buttery smooth and comfy in the hand, I liked it the second I picked it up. Reminiscent feel in the hand to my FDs in that there’s just nothing there to offend the hand. The plastic is also fantastic, add me to the growing list of K1 fans.

The disc flies super far for a 9 speed. Like- defies logic far. Throw it clean and on speed and she’ll fly straight as an arrow with a penetrating but reliable fade. Power it up a bit and she does her dance- nice little turn and a picture perfect fade back. The only time I turned it way over was throwing hard into a headwind. By the end of the round I was getting this disc to within a shocking proximity of my max D disc, but with a lot less effort and uncertainty in calculating hyzerflip angles etc.

I think the thing I like is that it doesn’t feel like it needs a ton of power to make it go really far but it wants a smooth, clean throw. I am really looking forward to getting to know this disc better, as I’m already loving it for its ease of use, sneaky distance and super clean, forgiving flight. Definitely going to be going right in the bag!

Niced: (2)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 48
Niced 889 Times in 599 Posts

Can you compare it to a Sidewinder?
Old 03-19-2020, 01:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 261 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I'd say it's significantly more overstable than a sidewinder. The stock run replaced my worn in 1.4 Orion LF, the First run Lots are a hair more overstable.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 592 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
It depends on the plastic obviously, but I'd say that it's slightly more overstable than a champ sidewinder. That's after only a handful of throws last weekend but as others have said the plastic is fantastic and it feels great in the hand.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:46 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 70 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
I'd say it's significantly more overstable than a sidewinder. The stock run replaced my worn in 1.4 Orion LF, the First run Lots are a hair more overstable.
So are we talking beat-in Thunderbird territory then? A beat-in Thunderbird is my favorite disc and I adore the K1 plastic so I might just have to try this Lots out...
Old 03-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 261 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
So are we talking beat-in Thunderbird territory then? A beat-in Thunderbird is my favorite disc and I adore the K1 plastic so I might just have to try this Lots out...
I think so, and I just asked a buddy who throws much further than me and he agreed. But they have less HSS than a thunderbird and that's why I compared it to a worn in Orion LF.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:27 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 27 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
I've been saying that a fresh K1 Lots is equivalent to a slightly worn Pro Thunderbird. Pro Thunderbirds were my favorite driver before the Lots came along...

Still haven't gotten to throw it as much as I'd like, what with this rain we've been having, not to mention the deadly virus ravaging the planet..

Old 03-20-2020, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 828 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
I've been saying that a fresh K1 Lots is equivalent to a slightly worn Pro Thunderbird. Pro Thunderbirds were my favorite driver before the Lots came along...

Still haven't gotten to throw it as much as I'd like, what with this rain we've been having, not to mention the deadly virus ravaging the planet..

I will agree with this 100% except that I’d say I still would take the Lots 10/10 times for hand feel and plastic. It will be interesting to see how flippy it gets once it really beats in, but it’s nice to see a fresh brand new disc have a nice on-FN action IMO.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 70 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
I will agree with this 100% except that I’d say I still would take the Lots 10/10 times for hand feel and plastic. It will be interesting to see how flippy it gets once it really beats in, but it’s nice to see a fresh brand new disc have a nice on-FN action IMO.
That's my hope. The Pro Thunderbird doesn't take too long to get into a sweet spot but then gets flippy too quickly. My favorite Star Thunderbird, on the other hand, took WAY too long to hit the sweet spot but is FINALLY there and awesome. I just don't like having to pay money for "expendable" Pro Thunderbirds and worrying about my money Star Thunderbird...