Poetic license.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 144 Times in 36 Posts

Way earlier in this whole thing a guy at work was saying that the Who were warning people about a virus. Both me and the third guy there thought he was talking about the band and both wondered out loud why the Who would be going on about virus'. It was pretty funny.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-22-2020, 10:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 12
Niced 57 Times in 26 Posts

Here's a link to what the AVMA is telling us about Covid-19 and dogs.
https://www.avma.org/resources-tools...lfare/covid-19

I've had mild symptoms since Tuesday evening ( fever/chills, headache, body aches) certainly less painful
than the flu/sinus infection I had last November and I am feeling a lot better this evening.
I threw soft discs to Frank on a hillside this afternoon, well away from people.
Felt good to be out and watch an athlete in action.

So, is hand feeding, treating or training reward risky?
I don't know, but still, I won't be going to the dog park or allowing people to be touching Frank for a couple weeks after I am symptom free.

Casual observation: Me and the dog walk often and there is definitely an upsurge of people walking dogs that I have not seen ever walk their dog over the past two years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1819.jpg (64.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-22-2020, 11:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 386
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 180 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnoodlearm View Post
If you use your gloved hand to open your car door then you have transferred germs that you touched with the gloved hand to your car door. When you next touch that handle, unless you are wearing gloves.........
Don't forget, though, that C-19 only survives about 24 hrs. on dry non-porous surfaces.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31
Courses Played: 145
Niced 447 Times in 192 Posts

I don't think we're taking this seriously enough as a whole.

A lot of young adults still don't have fully developed brains. They often don't perceive risk effectively. So we can't expect enough of them to behave appropriately on their own for this and they will spread this virus like wildfire if left to their own volition.

...but it's not just the kids who are at fault here. As long as businesses are going to make up their own minds, too many of them are needlessly going to stay open. A lot of us don't really have a choice. My workplace is still going. We service other businesses. If we don't service our customers who are still open, our competitors will take them from us. I have 21 years at this company and have clawed my way to five weeks' paid vacation now. What the hell am I supposed to do? Quit? I can't. So I'm showing up and so are my coworkers and we're carrying on with our jobs as usual.

It's going to take the law to flatten the curve and it should have been done already. It's still not too late. I'd say the deaths we prevent will be worth the economic impacts (and it was in a precarious position to begin with). I'm ready. I have a basket, an empty field, a stack of throwing putters to work on my form (that needs it anyway), and a bunch of indoor activities too.

I implore state and national authorities to force us to stay home except for groceries, medical attention and exercise until this threat subsides. We don't want to wait until it's too late and end up like Italy, do we? They have over 5,400 deaths from this right now, and counting fast. Our population is 5.5 times more than theirs. You do the math. That's not a number I want to think about.

It's time for a lock down, in my opinion, and let's get this pandemic over with.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,837 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

A lot of young adults still don't have fully developed brains. They often don't perceive risk effectively. So we can't expect enough of them to behave appropriately on their own for this and they will spread this virus like wildfire if left to their own volition.

...but it's not just the kids who are at fault here. As long as businesses are going to make up their own minds, too many of them are needlessly going to stay open. A lot of us don't really have a choice. My workplace is still going. We service other businesses. If we don't service our customers who are still open, our competitors will take them from us. I have 21 years at this company and have clawed my way to five weeks' paid vacation now. What the hell am I supposed to do? Quit? I can't. So I'm showing up and so are my coworkers and we're carrying on with our jobs as usual.

It's going to take the law to flatten the curve and it should have been done already. It's still not too late. I'd say the deaths we prevent will be worth the economic impacts (and it was in a precarious position to begin with). I'm ready. I have a basket, an empty field, a stack of throwing putters to work on my form (that needs it anyway), and a bunch of indoor activities too.

I implore state and national authorities to force us to stay home except for groceries, medical attention and exercise until this threat subsides. We don't want to wait until it's too late and end up like Italy, do we? They have over 5,400 deaths from this right now, and counting fast. Our population is 5.5 times more than theirs. You do the math. That's not a number I want to think about.

It's time for a lock down, in my opinion, and let's get this pandemic over with.
The Italian scenario scare the crap out of me. I can't imagine being put in a position that I have to decide whom to help. We are getting close to that point already. Limited ventilators and medical equipment. This has kind of been my point here all week. Are those young adults, running around ignoring all requests to help protect everyone, going to be cool when they are told that their Father is not going to be assisted to breath with a vent. That we simply have younger, stronger patients with less co-morbidity that we will save instead. That is what they have done in Italy, set an age and help only those younger.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31
Courses Played: 145
Niced 447 Times in 192 Posts

Ohio and Illinois are shut down. What are we waiting for in Michigan?

Ohio has about 1 million more people and 1/3 the cases of covid-19 that we do.

Why are we still getting on I-94 and going to our jobs? This is insanity.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-23-2020, 12:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 497 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

Yup. Incremental decisions may not be cutting it. And we’re giving people too much leeway to screw up.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 54
Niced 69 Times in 39 Posts

Louisiana is shutting down too.