Old 03-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 42
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 5 Posts

The best synopsis of this I have seen is the handful of 100 pcs of candy given to you with the advice that 3 are deadly poison, would you eat any of them? Heck no. As a usual rebel, I strive to be the best damn shelter in place dude around. If not for myself, my loved ones! I will not die of cabin fever, this I am fairly certain!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2020, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,835 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I did not promote any conspiracy theories, you projected that. Everything I posted was verifiable, in real time. They originally said it just jumped from animal to humans and that there was no human to human transmission.

I can't give you a source you would find acceptable because you're displaying cognitive dissonance and most importantly because there are almost no reliable sources of news/information anymore. All news organizations are wholly corrupt/biased/incompetent to an extraordinary degree. The only reliable sources of news are random anonymous people from the internet that you have to vet and fact-check yourself to the best of your sleuthing abilities.

You can continue to trust governments and corporations that only view you in terms of dollar signs for all of your news or you can think critically for yourself.
Yep, I get it. Never said I did not believe the theory could be true, just not buying the conspiracy part. Never really know, though. It did send me to reading some pretty insightful and interesting opinions on the idea.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,375 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifocal View Post
Casual observation: Me and the dog walk often and there is definitely an upsurge of people walking dogs that I have not seen ever walk their dog over the past two years.
Extremely cool dog, there.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,835 Times in 1,005 Posts

Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. I am so very close to retirement, but no....I won't turn my back on people that could need help. I suppose the need or want to help people is hard wired and the reason I became a nurse in the first place. I don't have children and my wife is dang healthy. I don't have any underlying health issues, well....old and fat. I am gonna dig out my scrubs and do my part. Life sure has gotten weird.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 106
Niced 271 Times in 127 Posts

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S Thompson

Old 03-23-2020, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,385 Times in 681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Life sure has gotten weird.
Understatement of the century, right there!

I know what you're talking about, about being hard wired to help people. I'm not in a medical field (though at one point I had dreams to do that) but I'm still in a service field, and really enjoy helping people out. Thanks to you and all the people like you who are or will be working hard on the frontline of this war!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-23-2020, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 159 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. I am so very close to retirement, but no....I won't turn my back on people that could need help. I suppose the need or want to help people is hard wired and the reason I became a nurse in the first place. I don't have children and my wife is dang healthy. I don't have any underlying health issues, well....old and fat. I am gonna dig out my scrubs and do my part. Life sure has gotten weird.
Man, you are inspiring.

I saw that 40+ people have a 0.1% higher mortality rate than 30+ people and been hiding inside ever since. They would not get me out of my doors. Going straight to the frontline with what i assume must be 60+ years is so selfless.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 195
Niced 629 Times in 298 Posts

Florida governor just announced he is NOT shutting Florida down. Individual cities like Miami are. Miami/Lauderdale is our hot spot. Several Florida counties have no reported cases and some like mine only have 2-10. Of course, the situation has been developing rapidly and I expect this will change if the situation gets worse.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:09 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,451 Times in 1,590 Posts

Quote:
I'll ask Brad to have an Oberon in your honor.
I'd do it myself, but that'd be a waste of a perfectly good Oberon.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 195
Niced 629 Times in 298 Posts

Also just announced, anyone flying into Florida from NY automatic 14-day quarantine.