Old 03-26-2020, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,215 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
For those who are still playing, what are you doing if you find discs?

A comment earlier in this thread about feeling up plastic at the disc store, got me thinking about finding lost discs on the course. I found a Star Beast last week and called the number, but now I'm thinking of just leaving what I find. I'm not really worried about baskets, but discs get felt up pretty good during a throw.
Flip it with a stick, call the number if there is one, tell them where it is. If the owner's still on the course or nearby, maybe he can get it.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:08 AM

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 263
Niced 44 Times in 19 Posts

Ventured down the street yesterday evening to play a solo round at my home course, which is on a university campus, where I'm also an employee. The campus has been nearly a ghost town this week.

Was not happy with what I saw. I witnessed a five-some and six-some, and as I was leaving, a SEVEN-some showed up to play. These aren't student groups, as nearly all of the university students have been sent home.

A friend posted a PSA warning on the local disc golf FB page; this type of social gathering could easily result in the university opting to pull the course (though they have other priorities, currently). His message included this: "Another thing to consider is that the course ... ties into a lot of other activity spaces. If the baskets get pulled, there's really no impetus for (the university to put them) back in, and the benefits of them being gone may be seen to outweigh their presence for the foreseeable future."

That would suck.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:11 AM

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 263
Niced 44 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Yesterday, a guy in the threesome in front of me left his putter in the basket. When I approached the group to let him know, the guy seemed surprised I hadn't picked it up.

Really? Go get your own disc. And then ya'll can let me play through.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 128 Times in 65 Posts

Chuckers Gonna Chuck

Niced: (1)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,853 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:

A comment earlier in this thread about feeling up plastic at the disc store, got me thinking about finding lost discs on the course. I found a Star Beast last week and called the number, but now I'm thinking of just leaving what I find. I'm not really worried about baskets, but discs get felt up pretty good during a throw.
Same thing I always do...leave it alone.

Great rule of thumb right now. If it does not belong to you, don't touch it. I was walking the dog yesterday in the neighborhood. My neighbor from across the street wanders over to chit chat. Comes close and wants to pet the dog. Usual routine, enjoyed by both the dog and neighbor. I had to admonish him...he seemed taken aback. I had to shrug and apologize, but damn....THINK. It is a new world, it requires thought to be put into almost every rote action. Slow down and think.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 67
Niced 682 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armus Patheticus View Post
... . Have you ever crawled through a cave full of bat, rat, and racoon scat for hours while licking clean your muddy compass lens? I have. It's not deadly at all.

Say, how much would you charge to lick my compass?

Old 03-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 955 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armus Patheticus View Post
Have you ever caught and cleaned bluegill all day then eaten a pile of fried chicken without washing your hands? I have. Have you ever crawled through a cave full of bat, rat, and racoon scat for hours while licking clean your muddy compass lens? I have.
Kinky
Old 03-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 804 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post

Great rule of thumb right now. If it does not belong to you, don't touch it. I was walking the dog yesterday in the neighborhood. My neighbor from across the street wanders over to chit chat. Comes close and wants to pet the dog. Usual routine, enjoyed by both the dog and neighbor. I had to admonish him...he seemed taken aback. I had to shrug and apologize, but damn....THINK. It is a new world, it requires thought to be put into almost every rote action. Slow down and think.
Luckily my dog lives social distancing as a norm haha. He's not mean, but certainly unwelcoming to people in his bubble. He's a taco terrier mix with little person syndrome lol. All bark for sure, but nobody wants to come pet him.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 62
Niced 448 Times in 236 Posts

I saw this on the course yesterday. Probably from the guy whose disc I found.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wash.jpg (145.8 KB, 204 views)

Old 03-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 211 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
that's weird, most people appreciate having their discs returned and i enjoy doing it. different strokes for different folks!