Old 02-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 575 Times in 358 Posts

I'm on the fence about the L-X Emacs. I like the thought of minimizing molds, but the Verdict feels identical to an Emac to me anyway so I'm not really sure if there's value in bagging 3 Emacs/0 Verdicts vs 2 Emac/1 Verdict. Plus my most beat-in Jawbreaker Zone is getting longer and straighter and taking more shots away from my Verdict anyway.

Ah, who am I kidding...I'll probably buy a couple.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 851 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkles View Post
This is almost my exact experience, except I can sometimes get this disc out to 330 but generally throw it on 270-300 shots. I want to like this disc and keep trying it in the bag but dont gel with it. Its a slightly longer but more touchy disc than my C-line MD3s. It isnt as much a workhorse mid like they are, and I cant really trust it in a wind situation but the easy distance is nice.

I am looking forward to trying a lucid-x version!
Yeah, for me the EMac Truth flies like a really touchy driver. If you put even a little bit too much arm on it the disc flips and doesn't come back. If you underthrow it the disc stalls out and dies short. For a mid this thing has a pretty narrow window of effectiveness. You have to get the power and release angle perfect or you're going to get a tragically bad shot.

I found myself botching way too many easy midrange drives when using the EMac Truth. I've thrown more than one of them, so I think the flight issues aren't constrained to 1 certain disc.

Simply put, the EMac Truth is way more trouble than its worth. It almost reminds me of a Panther. Flippy, long, and erratic for a mid.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 51
Niced 385 Times in 243 Posts

Archer vs arrow? I really find the ETruth to be a very true, line holding mid. Put the power you should (for a mid) and it’ll fly straight with a little fade. Put some power, you can get a little flip, sure. Put too much power behind and mid and it’ll behave less than ideal.... Anyway, I’ll likely pass on the Lucid X, since it’ll likely fly like a Verdict..

Old 02-21-2020, 12:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 54
Niced 476 Times in 164 Posts

Yeah I really like my Emac and rarely have any issues with it turning over. Maybe once or twice into a strong headwind, so it was more my fault. Normally it’s nice & straight, likes a low line, and always fades predictably. It might be the most consistent disc in my bag.

Between the Emac, Verdict and Meteor, my mid lineup is locked in and I can’t imagine switching. Usually bag a Mortar/Moab/Gator and a really beat Tursas for utility OS/US shots which rarely get used but they’re valuable when I need them.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 51
Niced 385 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
Yeah I really like my Emac and rarely have any issues with it turning over. Maybe once or twice into a strong headwind, so it was more my fault. Normally it’s nice & straight, likes a low line, and always fades predictably. It might be the most consistent disc in my bag.

Between the Emac, Verdict and Meteor, my mid lineup is locked in and I can’t imagine switching. Usually bag a Mortar/Moab/Gator and a really beat Tursas for utility OS/US shots which rarely get used but they’re valuable when I need them.
Indeed. I keep an older Truth in the bag for US, but I am happy CC is doing LX for the Verdict. It’s coming out right around my birthday so I will likely stock up

Do we know if they’ll be released at various retailers? Or just DD? I’d like to use my 10% discount at DGC!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 160 Times in 105 Posts

Got a couple lucid x emacs. Little dome to them which kind of bummed me out. Plastic is stiff and pretty. Flies stable, not quite a verdict but close.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 575 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Got a couple lucid x emacs. Little dome to them which kind of bummed me out. Plastic is stiff and pretty. Flies stable, not quite a verdict but close.
Thanks for reporting in. I was curious how they molded up in Lucid-X. I might grab one if I can find a cheap misprint, but if not then I'm content throwing a Verdict in that slot.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-10-2020, 10:50 PM
Par Member

Niced 62 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Archer vs arrow? I really find the ETruth to be a very true, line holding mid. Put the power you should (for a mid) and it’ll fly straight with a little fade. Put some power, you can get a little flip, sure. Put too much power behind and mid and it’ll behave less than ideal.... Anyway, I’ll likely pass on the Lucid X, since it’ll likely fly like a Verdict..
I’ve changed my mind about this disc. The eMac/verdict combo have kicked the md3s out of my bag. This is a great do everything disc that would be my “one disc” round choice right now. It’s not a disc you need to try to get 350’ out of, but it’s an easy distance disc that can work a variety of angles BH and FH for me. It isn’t super torque resistant but responds well to controlled pulls.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:30 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 153 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Yeah, for me the EMac Truth flies like a really touchy driver. If you put even a little bit too much arm on it the disc flips and doesn't come back. If you underthrow it the disc stalls out and dies short. For a mid this thing has a pretty narrow window of effectiveness. You have to get the power and release angle perfect or you're going to get a tragically bad shot.
I've always thought the same about the EMac Truth, but I always chalked it up to Trilogy plastic being s**t because fresh EMacs have always been awesome.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 851 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
I've always thought the same about the EMac Truth, but I always chalked it up to Trilogy plastic being s**t because fresh EMacs have always been awesome.
I'm not quite sure what the deal is. I bagged a Lucid EMac Truth for a bit. I loved it at first. It reminded me of a somewhat longer Buzzz. Then the disc just started flipping all over the place. I'd throw it flat and it'd track right the whole way and never come back. Windy conditions were also a nightmare.

I replaced it with a champion Roc3 and never looked back. I throw the Roc3 far more consistently/better than I ever did the EMac Truth.