Old 03-30-2020, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,854 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Yeah a lot of this is wrong. Don’t get me wrong we’re still boned, but not that boned.
He is only stating his thoughts. Some are worst case or bad case scenarios, but none are out of the realm of possible....in fact nearly all are very much possible.

He does not really know the answers....and either do you, nor I.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-30-2020, 01:02 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,504 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
I'm not all that worried about the kinds of people posting on here. Serious players with a generally decent amount of respect for the course and other players.

These a-holes are everywhere, not just the disc golf course. That's why it's best to just stay the F home unless you NEED to go somewhere.
By no means are irresponsible idjits exclusive to DG. Unfortunately, they're a significant percentage of the population in general. But...

1) Since all of us are pretty avid players, we're bound to see more than a few of them on the course, simply because that's where we tend to spend a lot of time.

2) Sadly, DG's appeal among young, irresponsible idjits is disproportionate to their percentage of the population as a whole.

The underlined immediately reminded me of this. Too good not to hear it again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTODB54JalU

This is my message of the day. NSFW

Old 03-30-2020, 01:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Some are worst case or bad case scenarios, but none are out of the realm of possible....in fact nearly all are very much possible.
So there's still hope for zombie apocalypse?

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 726 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
He is only stating his thoughts. Some are worst case or bad case scenarios, but none are out of the realm of possible....in fact nearly all are very much possible.

He does not really know the answers....and either do you, nor I.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Well, for starters, numerous virologists and immunologists disagree with his statements on immunity. Also, the “2 strains” is bunk. We know because unlike what president ding dong thinks, we know exactly what this is and they are continually sequencing genomes of the new mutations.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 13
Niced 167 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
Lol. I'd just play them as tree courses.
#pullthebaskets

I'm all for it.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 77
Niced 421 Times in 234 Posts

Everyone likes to talk about numbers and percentages when they discuss how bad this is but that is flawed reasoning imo.

I would suggest thinking about people you care about and love. What if they were part of the death totals? When the news shows [insert number] people infected/died, it doesnt register with us because we are desensitized.

Everyone that got infected/died got that virus from another human!(maybe not patient zero)

I dont want to get the virus, not because im concerned for myself, but because im concerned for the person i give it to. Im concerned for our medical workers, delivery drivers, and retail workers(who are still on the job).

Lets not think selfishly when we make decisions about how we navigate this quarantine. This is bigger than we all realize until science catches up.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 830 Times in 359 Posts

I'm far more concerned that people are going to churches and other large gatherings where it is improbable (impossible imo) that they would be able to practice social distancing. These are the idiots I have to share a grocery store with. It's great to have concern about how each of us can help out and do our best to stay safe for ourselves and our community but we're fooling ourselves by thinking that disc golf cannot be played while these other activities are allowed. The states with governors and other leaders that aren't even following the CDC guidelines are in a world of trouble in the next 30-45 days. The death toll could easily be more than 100-200k as even Dr Fauci admitted this weekend. This is a disc golf forum but it isn't a disc golf problem.

I have to go to the grocery store once a week, maybe once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. I can go play a solo round or a round with a few friends while making sure we don't get to close. I'm lucky to live in an area where the courses aren't packed and I can practice good hygiene to protect myself from environmental contamination. If my situation was different I would approach this differently, I encourage everyone to act accordingly with respect to their own situation. If the local gov / parks ask people to stop going to their facilities, I'll stop going. I'm there on their permission of course.

How else does anyone really suggest we are any more responsible? Should I hole up in my house and wear a full bodysuit to the grocery store, only emerging after the fallout? Be realistic. It's much more helpful for people to understand how to LIVE through a situation like this than simply survive it.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:22 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,504 Times in 1,604 Posts

On that note:

Quote:
Florida pastor was arrested on Monday for*holding services at a Tampa megachurch in violation of a public health order prohibiting large gatherings to stem the spread of the coronavirus.**
https://thehill.com/regulation/court...rvices-despite

... And I just heard on ABC world news tonight with David Muir, a pastor for a church in the New Orleans area was arrested for trying to get everybody to come to church.

I don't know who's dumber: the pastor or the congregants? It ain't rocket surgery: bringing hundreds of people together in one spot is stupid roll of the dice.

By all means, worship/pray if you want to. Just do it from home. It doesn't need to be a social event.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-30-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 830 Times in 359 Posts

The congregants have already proven they are the much more stupid sheep to be in these people's flock.

Nothing like an old fashioned snake oil salesman running a pyramid scheme!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,600 Times in 617 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I saw where 60 people gathered for choir practice thinking they were keeping safe distance. 45 are now infected and 2 have died.