* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,492 Times in 1,600 Posts

Everyone's an expert...

Except the experts.

One thing this whole ordeal has driven home:
Nothing can touch the interwebz ability to disseminate (mis)information.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-31-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 828 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Everyone's an expert...

Except the experts.

One thing this whole ordeal has driven home:
Nothing can touch the interwebz ability to disseminate (mis)information.
Information pollution is so easy to achieve with AI and the internet. Millions of bots can be programmed with language skills and basic learning protocols to post slightly different versions of original statements.

It takes almost zero human interaction at all and could be unleashed with no one at the helm. Just set a goal to pollute all facts with alternate ones and watch the world burn.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:41 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,492 Times in 1,600 Posts

Back when I was in middle school, I had a particularly good teacher who always stressed to us, " consider the source.

Where are you getting this info from?
Are they considered an SME (Subject Matter Expert)?
By whom?
How much and what pracatical experience does your source have regarding the subject?

I can tell you all sorts of stuff about dress-making.
But how many dresses have I made and how many hours have I spent sewing anything other than buttons and split seams?

More than ever, all of us should consider the source.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:11 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 79 Times in 50 Posts
Question Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Thanks, I will try to get your comments forwarded to the original author of this document for clarification/comments.
Hi, any update yet? Maybe change (update) the original post with correct info you know from that which is incorrect?

I know you can't go back now, but faulty information becomes mis-information and can be dangerous.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 38
Courses Played: 30
Niced 67 Times in 45 Posts

If you want a straight story, watch this doctor from Korea.

https://youtu.be/gAk7aX5hksU

Takeaways;

These people had SARs, MERs and every kinda nasty virus that exists, so they know how to handle it better than we do.

Masks- Hell Yes !

We all gonna get locked down with ankle alarms.

Also I learned today Covid has been around for a while now(ref. some women doctor on Fox News, I didn't get her name), and it has caused mild flu like symptoms for years, so, no Wuhan lab engineered virus escape conspiracy. This time.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,213 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Everyone's an expert...

Except the experts.

Keep the covidiots….I'm plagiarizing this.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2020, 05:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 64
Niced 218 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Man, once you get past the moron contingent of disc golfers, you guys are a pretty smart bunch. Thanks for the great information.

A take away for me was that dish washing liquid would make a great hand soap, given it's detergent makeup. Much the way it works well for the oil of poison ivy.
Just wanted to throw out a couple of prior experiences.

One of the sad things that has happened is that one of my best friend's Dad recently passed away due to chronic heart failure (nothing to do with Corona). Since we live in IL, we were unable to hold a funeral and I have barely even talked to my friends or his family. So also, just think about those types of things many families are going through.

I am 32 now, but when I was a youngster, I was diagnosed with moderate asthma, but I never really let it stop me from pursuing my passion for sports. With that being said, I did have my fair share of asthma attacks that led to several days of hospitalization. I have had the experience of suffocating for air and it SUCKS. There is a overwhelming feeling of uncertainty and a feeling of hopelessness. I even had to take allergy shots every week for several years. Not exactly a fun way to live. I have an immense amount of empathy built up for anyone who is and is about to suffer from this thing.

Now, the little town I reside in is reporting cases. Our testing is so far behind that the numbers are so far behind that I take them with a grain of salt. Searching local news headlines is the best way to find out what is happening within your neck of the woods. Also, if you own a small business, do not be afraid to contact your county and see what they can do for you. I have been using a lot of my time trying to figure out if we are eligible for any of the federal or state programs currently being offered.

I appreciate all those on the front lines, because quite frankly, this thing is not looking like it is going to get any better before it gets worse.

Thanks for listening, hope this helps!

JL

Last edited by puck'n'disc5; 03-31-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 408 Times in 240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDaWoodsDiscN419 View Post
Hi, any update yet? Maybe change (update) the original post with correct info you know from that which is incorrect?

I know you can't go back now, but faulty information becomes mis-information and can be dangerous.

Thanks.
I alerted the person I received the document from of the issues arisen in this thread. Getting those issues back to the original author is proving to be a challenge though, so if it's possible to update the original post somehow I would gladly do it. Anyone know how? I never understood the idea behind the 5 minute post update policy, maybe it would take a mod to somehow circumvent that policy?
Old 03-31-2020, 09:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,246 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
Also I learned today Covid has been around for a while now(ref. some women doctor on Fox News, I didn't get her name), and it has caused mild flu like symptoms for years, so, no Wuhan lab engineered virus escape conspiracy. This time.
Covid has a variety of strains if my research is correct, so there is still a possibility (for conspiracy theorists) that covid-19 was manufactured in a Wuhan lab.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,036 Times in 2,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
I’m willing to bet years from now once the dust settles, we will figure out China/Russia will have lied about their final death tolls to make themselves look better in comparison.

Just reminds me about how they handled Chernobyl. Lied to all the world leaders saying everything was fine and under control. When indeed it was a disaster.
I read an article yesterday about all the extra urns that have been ordered and delivered in Wuhan. It was something like 27,000...

Niced: (1)