Old 04-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 497 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Cincinnati furloughed 1700+ city employees starting Monday so if Mt Airy is getting pulled it will be this week.
Yeah, at some point, public course closures may come down to amount of maintenance threadbare staffs can do.

Maryland has banned recreational boating; probably due to fact that rec boating becomes a social thing but also might be matter of staffing water patrols, fish and wildlife, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2020, 09:52 PM

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 261
Niced 44 Times in 19 Posts

Westside DGC in Dalton, Ga., has a sign saying the course is CLOSED and reports are the baskets are covered up. Status updated on DGCR.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-01-2020, 10:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 89 Times in 40 Posts

As of 4-1 Hiller Park and Brickyard Bayou in Biloxi and Gulfport, respectively, were still open.....

As unbelievable as this may sound, the discers around here are following the guidelines.....

I played today at Brickyard Bayou, the course was fairly busy, but I saw no groups larger than 4, and they were
spread out over the entire course....and the folks within the groups themselves were staying apart from
one another. There were no bottlenecks or back ups that would cause folks to bunch up....
I saw a City of Gulfport truck roll through a few times checking to see if everyone was doing
as they were supposed to.....fortunately, they were....

BUT, as of Friday at 5 PM, Mississippi is going on lockdown....shelter in place, no moving about, all non essential
businesses must close....which, in effect, closes all the courses around here.....

I guess I will be doing a lot of putting practice in the backyard for the next several weeks...and believe me,
I certainly could use it, my putting has been horrible lately....in fact, I haven't thrown that well, this entire year,
so far.....

Old 04-02-2020, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 131 Times in 53 Posts

https://m.thewanakasun.co.nz/news/12...ay-inside.html
Old 04-02-2020, 03:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,006 Posts

Might be a decent rule of thumb guideline, most certainly indicates where disc golf is likely considered NOT ALLOWED.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-s...010342055.html
Old 04-02-2020, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,245 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
The over-reaction is getting annoying.
I used to think that as well, publicly I was in heated debates with locals at stores, etc, etc, then wtf.. all the deaths started. There is NO doubt now that the covid-19 virus is going to kill way more than the typical 40k per year that the regular flu does. The USA just had 1000 deaths in 1 day. So ...yah..I'd rather over react from this point on.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:52 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,485 Times in 1,597 Posts

From DG Scene about Roscoe Ewing (and I'm sure it pertains to Sam Masi, too):
Quote:
"I just got off the phone with the director from Medina Parks. Apparently yesterday there were several calls to Medina Police about gatherings of players at a disc golf course not adhering to social distancing. He told me that they don't want to have to, but if they continue to get similar calls or they see players congregating they will have not other option but to pull all the baskets.
Medina Parks wants to work with us to keep the course open (the director is heading out right now to post additional signs by some of the tee boxes), but ultimately this really comes down to us disc golfers:

* Don't play in groups larger than 4. (Just a twosome or a solo round even better).
* Even if a small group, don't gather together at tee boxes. Maintain 6 foot separation.
* Self-police. If you see another group not adhering to social distancing rules, tell them to break it up.(especially if new player/not as connected to our community). Better that disc golfers break it up and promote good behavior than have it called in.
* Follow other PDGA recommendations for safe play. Only handle your own disc, don't contact other players, etc.
* Doubles league is suspended. Please don't try to replicate it with scrambles etc... it increases the likelihood of group gatherings and violations of other items listed above that could get the baskets pulled."

Niced: (2)
Old 04-02-2020, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,593 Times in 614 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Mt Airy closed for at least a month.
Quote:
Cincinnati Parks @CincyParks

⚠️ #CincyParks basketball courts🏀 & disc golf courses🥏 will close on April 3 at 5pm. Tennis🎾 & volleyball🏐 courts will remain closed🚫.
Our parks remain open, but we must limit places that invite crowds. Following these rules is the only way to ensure our parks stay open.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
From DG Scene about Roscoe Ewing (and I'm sure it pertains to Sam Masi, too):
I honestly don't think any of it matters. I have come to the conclusion that the few covidiots left violating all rules, simply are not bright enough to get it, or just don't give a ****. No signs, discussions, rules or deaths are going to make any impact on this group. Close them all now, before irreparable damage is done to the relationships with the parks.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,593 Times in 614 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Unfortunately quite a few covidiots will be tragically silenced when this hits close to home, or they get it.