Old 04-06-2020, 10:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 857 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
That simply isn’t true. Many discs will have air bubbles in the rim and you won’t seem them because the plastic isn’t clear enough for you to see it.

Injection molding with polymers will lead to air being introduced to the interior of the substrate.

OK, I'll rephrase that a bit. Innova is currently the only company selling discs that have surface bubbles. Those produce that rough, worn texture on star and champion plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2020, 12:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 830 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
OK, I'll rephrase that a bit. Innova is currently the only company selling discs that have surface bubbles. Those produce that rough, worn texture on star and champion plastic.
That may be true, I haven't bought a non-innova made product in the last 3 years so I wouldn't be able to provide any first hand experience on that note.

Also the post title? of my last post was somehow a face. I didn't even know there was such a thing as post titles. I post on my phone, maybe I accidentally added something somehow. Weird.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:35 AM
Par Member

Niced 62 Times in 30 Posts

I have seen this a lot in gstar lately. After throwing my friends flippier star destroyer, I bought a few 165-170g gstar Destroyers hoping they would be somewhat close to a seasoned SDS. One is stock stamp and two are sockibot stamps. The sockibot ones have the blizzard rims a little bit but the stock stamp has it bad. After a few rounds with teh stock stamp, it is taking the place of the star mamba that I have been trying to get to be my hyzer flip to turnover disc. Ive played a lot more with the mamba but that gstar blizzard destroyer is already way flippier. Honestly, I am happy that it got be a disc I wanted for some silly shots but I feel like a few more rounds and it might be hyzer flip to roller which is a little crazy for a destroyer. It does seem like a QC issue to me or an issue with the plastics they are getting now.

Last edited by Tinkles; 04-07-2020 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 996 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkles View Post
I have seen this a lot in gstar lately. After throwing my friends flippier star destroyer, I bought a few 165-170g gstar Destroyers hoping they would be somewhat close to a seasoned SDS. One is stock stamp and two are sockibot stamps. The sockibot ones have the blizzard rims a little bit but the stock stamp has it bad. After a few rounds with teh stock stamp, it is taking the place of the star mamba that I have been trying to get to be my hyzer flip to turnover disc. Ive played a lot more with the mamba but that gstar blizzard destroyer is already way flippier. Honestly, I am happy that it got be a disc I wanted for some silly shots but I feel like a few more rounds and it might be hyzer flip to roller which is a little crazy for a destroyer. It does seem like a QC issue to me or an issue with the plastics they are getting now.
Yeah with the Ricky Signature on the model, those are the most beefy ever basically like a beefy Champion Destroyer or an Xcalibur disc. The max weight in that Ricky Signature on the model discs had to be recalled for being over the limit for weight to the size of the disc. Then the Champion in some runs since mid 2010's are big bubbles in the rim yet not so big they mess with the feel of the rim are enough OS the mold is an Xcaliber in flight. So yeah Quality Control at Innova is not consistent with the discs.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 53 Times in 34 Posts

I have a couple Blizzard Bosses I bought quite a few years ago from DGC that have the bubbles in the flight plate. My cousin has newer Bosses with bubbles in the rim and its quite a bit more overstable. Didn't care much for the newer discs, but I sure like my older Bosses. I just cant replace them

Old 04-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts

i have a few of these new blizz bosses..
the light ones have been very overstable..like the most os i own....but i got one with a straighter wing and lower plh and it was gold.....then i left it in a field. when practicing.... doh.