Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 50.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
I still use the Marshall Street flight chart almost every time I'm considering a new disc.
Same here. They do have hands down the best flight chart out there. I love how I can show all manufacturers or just my favorites and eliminate all the stuff I'm not interested in.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 41
Niced 901 Times in 494 Posts

Individual pictures or you don't get my business. Please for your own sake? Not trying to be a dick but I need to know what I'm buying.

I've made a handful of orders through them over the years but every single one was for a unique disc - where they actually took individual pictures.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 104
Niced 382 Times in 176 Posts

If Disc Golf Center actually wanted to make their site better they could have worked on the search function. If you search "Ion" you still have to look through two pages of results to find the Ions. I don't want to see Lion, Falchion, Motion, Orion, Pioneer, etc.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,375 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
I would hazard a guess that DGC has put a whole lot of time and money their new website so there is no way they are going to switch back.
I cannot recall ANY company doing a major face lift of a website then switching back. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of any examples.
I really liked the old version, but I don't mind the new.
This is likely true. I remember when Yahoo! Finance changed their popular message board format, and the dropoff in usage was so severe that I shorted the stock and made a profit from doing that. Cause and effect? You make the call. But they went off a cliff and still refused to change back to the old format.

As of this posting, the DGC site does not work on my tablet at all. The buttons don't work. It looks like trash as the photos pop up in all the wrong places. And it's difficult to use on my computer. If DGC doesn't go back, my business they will have lost. And that's not an idle comment; I have spend several THOUSAND dollars buying discs from their (old) website.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 80
Niced 95 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
If Disc Golf Center actually wanted to make their site better they could have worked on the search function. If you search "Ion" you still have to look through two pages of results to find the Ions. I don't want to see Lion, Falchion, Motion, Orion, Pioneer, etc.
If you thought looking for an Ion was bad then you're not going to want to search for a Nova.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 13
Niced 165 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
Works fine for me. The new website that really sucks is Marshall Street. Haven't bought from them since the switch.
It's new? Like, they switched from something older to that? I was thinking how outdated and clunky (and slow) it was, though I've had nothing but great experiences ordering from them.

Yeesh...they need to hire somebody.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 64
Niced 218 Times in 58 Posts

My new idea is to purchase a couple of discs every week. So when we can start playing again, it will be like Christmas with all the new plastic that is ready to be thrown!

Also, I can't remember the gentleman's name, but I requested a couple of domed Wraiths and he quickly responded. I also got my order shipped yesterday morning.

Being a St. Louis guy, if I order Friday-Monday, I always get my order no later than Friday and the shipping is free plus the 10% off helps as well!

Thanks a lot, I'm sure I'll be spending another $1000 here before much longer!

JL
Old 04-08-2020, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 108
Niced 633 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
That's funny - I've only been playing for a few years, so I think of the current Marshall Street site as the only one they've ever had. Even though I find the Infinite and OTB sites "better" for different reasons, I still use the Marshall Street flight chart almost every time I'm considering a new disc. I've never warmed up to Gotta Go Gotta Throw's chart and that's the only other comprehensive cross-brand chart I know of. Are there others?

I use this one. It's not a big chart with a bunch of discs shown on the same page. It lets you compare up to four molds side by side.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/

Old 04-08-2020, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 77
Niced 411 Times in 228 Posts

I hate that i cant just go to their site and see whats newly added. I loved all the information on one page. Now i got to click a thousand times to sift through the stuff i dont want to see

Old 04-09-2020, 01:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,245 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I hate that i cant just go to their site and see whats newly added. I loved all the information on one page. Now i got to click a thousand times to sift through the stuff i dont want to see
If you just click on "Discs" without choosing any sub cat, you land on a page where you can sort, filter, etc, just about anything...EXCEPT sorting by latest additions. Soo..close. lol..