Old 04-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 500 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
If some of these courses have to be pulled by local parks departments because people are ignoring protocol, they are likely going to be way down the priority list to get put back in once the all clear is given. Why would they hurry in any way when they were inconvenienced by having to pull the baskets in the first place? Thanks, fools.
What I’ve had trouble convincing people of is that there’s a maximum player amount/load for a course when people are following protocol. So, if courses are staying open because people are following protocol, at some of the busier courses, people not playing at all are also contributing.

So some people are contributing to a collective result by not playing while other people think it’s just their individual liberties and them doing all the right things that matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2020, 07:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,600 Times in 617 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

They are still having draw double leagues here. Everything is done before anyone shows up. By the time they get there they know who their doubles partner is and the hole to start on. They pay in thru paypal and payouts are handled the same way. So far they have done this while following guidelines. It gets about 20 people but no more than 4 in a group and 6ft rule applies.

Of course 1 or 2 fools could screw it up but they know each other and who can and can not be trusted.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 344
Niced 396 Times in 159 Posts

Officials here in Charlotte (Mecklenburg County) have officially closed all parks and locked the gates. They will tow any cars parked at the gates. You’d think this is pretty clear, right? There’s already a contingency of local DGers trying to come up with loopholes/reasons justifying their continued playing. Man, I hope they get their cars towed.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-07-2020, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,220 Times in 1,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Officials here in Charlotte (Mecklenburg County) have officially closed all parks and locked the gates. They will tow any cars parked at the gates. You’d think this is pretty clear, right? There’s already a contingency of local DGers trying to come up with loopholes/reasons justifying their continued playing. Man, I hope they get their cars towed.
They're going to need those cars for their road trips to the places where courses are still open. (And you know some of them are going to do just that).
Old 04-07-2020, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 344
Niced 396 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
They're going to need those cars for their road trips to the places where courses are still open. (And you know some of them are going to do just that).
Carpools.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 64
Niced 218 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
He doesn't even play disc golf.
So in other words, it's ok to use terrible references for those in unfortunate medical conditions.

Noted.

Last edited by puck'n'disc5; 04-07-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,086 Times in 839 Posts

Closing courses solves nothing. If people aren't following guidelines on a DG course and you close that course what makes anyone think covidiots aren't doing the same behaviors somewhere else? Closing a course is a waste of time and only serves to destroy the morale of those of us who are following the rules.

Niced: (3)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 641 Times in 328 Posts

In Wisconsin, apparently there's a petition or something to get golf courses opened. Heard something about it on the radio today. Don't know all the details but I doubt that gets anywhere.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,855 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Closing courses solves nothing. If people aren't following guidelines on a DG course and you close that course what makes anyone think covidiots aren't doing the same behaviors somewhere else? Closing a course is a waste of time and only serves to destroy the morale of those of us who are following the rules.
Lol...your rules are to stay at home, with exceptions of necessary travel, acquisition of necessary items. (so says the guv'ner) Disc golfing safely, is not remotely necessary.

Man, golfing would be a serious coping mechanism for in my personal, upside down life, but it is one I hope to make use of at some point...later.

I don't know how bad things are over your way YET, Dave. But, please just stay home and save lives.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,855 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
In Wisconsin, apparently there's a petition or something to get golf courses opened. Heard something about it on the radio today. Don't know all the details but I doubt that gets anywhere.
The blind audacity of the entitled makes me stagger....could be the Oberon.

Niced: (3)