Old 04-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnick View Post
GMC becoming Worlds again would be awesome.

I already have a lean-to reserved at Smugglers Notch State Park that week, as I was planning on spectating GMC.

I wouldn't mind if Worlds was at Smuggs every year in September; I went to spectate in 2018 and it was great! The facility is perfect (two world-class courses on one property with great accommodations, Fallfest, gorgeous mountains, great craft beer, amazing scenery, tons of other great outdoor activities). Jeff Spring knows how to run a great event. Also, you rarely hear anything negative said about either of the courses by the professionals.

I went to Peoria last year to spectate and it wasn't nearly as enjoyable or cohesive an experience (though Northwoods is a fantastic course).

And that "golf course" in Utah for three of five rounds just isn't appealing.
With 1-2 holes of the other course being throw though the micro gap if there is one. Seeing how that is the course being used for the other at Utah.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2020, 10:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 150
Niced 479 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnick View Post
Sorry, I thought they were playing the horrible ball golf course (I think Mulligan's?) three times.
No prob.
Course schedule is posted on https://www.pdga.com/2020proworlds
Old 04-05-2020, 01:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 386
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 180 Times in 96 Posts

It was 2017 when I played in Ogden and other surrounding towns, so maybe some new courses have opened. But I don't recall any courses of tournament quality in the area. Riverpark was good but not manicured at all, and Mulligans was fun for drinking while carting, but neither seemed Worlds quality. Honestly, we liked Von Baer(a berzerk little 9er) in Logan the best. And the heat is abysmal any time in or near summer. Yuck.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 04-05-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
It was 2017 when I played in Ogden and other surrounding towns, so maybe some new courses have opened. But I don't recall any courses of tournament quality in the area. Riverpark was good but not manicured at all, and Mulligans was fun for drinking while carting, but neither seemed Worlds quality. Honestly, we liked Von Baer(a berzerk little 9er) in Logan the best. And the heat is abysmal any time in or near summer. Yuck.
Yeah they have the Fort now since 2017, And Mulligans is used for 2 and The Fort is for 2, then the Fort it is used by everyone who makes the finals.

It has been made tentative if they can even have sports in the USA/World this year. About the best we get this year it it seems for now, is I-Racing for any sport.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 4
Niced 280 Times in 141 Posts

Well if you take China as a guide. They were shut down from Mid Jan to Mid April. 4 Months.... If you take that same tack to the US. You have Late march to late July. If they hold it would put Worlds at the earliest in September or October. so... USDGC/Worlds combo?
Old 04-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 532 Times in 376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini View Post
Well if you take China as a guide. They were shut down from Mid Jan to Mid April. 4 Months.... If you take that same tack to the US. You have Late march to late July. If they hold it would put Worlds at the earliest in September or October. so... USDGC/Worlds combo?
No. Just no. USDGC is a course tailored for an invite only event. Worlds should not be played at a course like that.

It'd be pretty cool if it was GMC, or Maple Hill, but that's solely so I could go.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 103 Times in 61 Posts

I am optimistic that we will be back playing by July 4th, if not earlier in most locales. I think the hospitals have a much better handle on how to handle the symptoms at this point. It seems people are not really getting Pneumonia per se like they thought, but are instead getting something similar to high altitude sickness from this virus, where their cells just won't deliver enough oxygen to the blood. They have figured they need oxygen rather than help with making the lungs work, so ventilation with little pressure, otherwise they ruin the lungs with little help to the patient.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:21 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 272 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini View Post
Using China as a guide they thought they would restart on April 15th only to again postponed it indefinitely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...rn-per-report/

Quote:
One marker that everyone was looking at, though, was when the Chinese Basketball Association would resume. However, the return date of the CBA is more unclear now after the Chinese government issued an order Tuesday that restricts all group sporting events from resuming play, per ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The CBA initially planned to return April 15 after halting its season in late January due to COVID-19, but after not receiving approval from the government to continue playing, the league decided to delay its return even further to May.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,086 Times in 839 Posts

lol

You people really think there's going to be ANY sanctioned events this year? My speculative money says no PDGA events until 2021.

Niced: (2)

Old 04-07-2020, 08:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,086 Times in 839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Using China as a guide they thought they would restart on April 15th only to again postponed it indefinitely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...rn-per-report/
Why in the world would we use China as a guide??? That government has be proven to be a giant lying sack of chit time and again.