Old 09-29-2019, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts
Default forearm tendonitis

My forearm has been wrecked for about a month now. Ever since I played a C-Tier at the end of August. It doesn't bother me to throw backhands or putting but I get a shot of pain in my forearm every time I use a forehand motion with force.

I've been playing since around 2004 & have never had this issue. I throw A LOT of forehands when I play so I've had to stop all together.

Did my google homework when I first felt it & I believe it's 'tendonitis' which means I just stressed it out. I did lift weights pretty hard two days before this tournament so I may have pushed it too hard without enough rest before the tournament.

Anyone else have this issue & how long did it last? Did it come back again?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2019, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 688 Times in 543 Posts
Default Tendinitis

Stuff like that takes a surprisingly long time to go away. Months. You'll have to scale down your disc golf quite a bit and let it heal.

Continue to use your arm for routine stuff, but lay off throwing sidearm for a good while.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,114 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
My forearm has been wrecked for about a month now.

Those style injuries can take a while, especially if one keeps re injuring it.

Proteolytic enzymes can speed up recovery big time. Marcozyme are probably the best, same formula as the German Olympic team used, but are sold through medical providers only. Repair Gold is also very good and can be had at a good health food store or ordered off Amazon.

Take on an empty stomach at least 2 hours after the last time you ate and at least an hour before you eat again. If taken too close to a meal, it will just act as a digestive enzyme.

Do you have any shoulder mobility issues? That also can play into the injury, as well as restressing the current injury.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 09-29-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Niced 878 Times in 521 Posts

Research exercises for both golf elbow and tennis elbow. And if you simply don't stop...playing...for a while this could be a recurring issue that could have permanent long term results.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Niced 1,114 Times in 637 Posts

Too late on my last post, but you should probably check with a professional just to make sure it is only tendinitis

Niced: (1)
Old 09-29-2019, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Too late on my last post, but you should probably check with a professional just to make sure it is only tendinitis
Probably should but I don't want to give a co-pay to a md just for them to advise rest & wait it out. I think I'll give it another month & if it hasn't improved then I'll get some real attention.

Golf has been such a big outlet for so long that I've got all this extra time now. Not sure what to do lol.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 142
Niced 228 Times in 101 Posts

I was a 300' RHFH thrower in the mid to late '90s. My form wasn't great but I was a HS baseball player ten years before that and could muscle them out there. In about 2001, I started feeling the pins and needles in my elbow. So I vowed to stop being a predominate forehand thrower and learn the prettier backhand. It took me years and years to get one to match and exceed what I used to do with forehands but I finally got there.

If I attempt a power forehand now, I'll feel a good twinge of pain. I can get away with one per round, maybe. I don't like to push my luck so I usually just don't. I'm better at backhands now anyway. Little 200-footers to get out of trouble in the woods or something are okay. I can pick up boxes and whatnot in my everyday life usually fine, maybe with a little pain in that elbow occasionally.

Best wishes on your elbow.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 148 Times in 81 Posts

See, this has pretty much how it has been for me from day one. I can throw backhand pretty much at will with very little if any pain. However, forehand for me is just painful from the get go and I only throw it as a last option. Pain is usually a warning, just dont do it that way. Wish I had other advice, but for me that's about it.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 137
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Google and try Tyler twist

Old 10-01-2019, 10:53 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Don't have any advice to offer other than take it seriously.
I have a friend that makes a killing doing baseball pitching clinics for rich kids.
I asked him once how many of his students might make it to the majors. He said 0%.
Anyone who actually tries will prolly ruin their elbow before they graduate high school.
But hey, they're putting his kids through college so whatever.