Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

Old 07-05-2020, 09:41 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best cart set up. Recommendations please. Price doesn’t matter

Hello all,

Never thought I would consider a cart for disc golf.

Looking for options.

Best of the best.

Price doesn’t matter.

Want to know my options here.

What would you buy and why?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,541 Times in 734 Posts

I got the DD Zuca backpack cart with a commander bag and putter pouch. It's amazing. I thought it might be overkill too when I bought it. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made though. The Commander holds s ton of discs with easy access to all of them. Not a lot of extra storage is the one negative.

My wife has the same with a Ranger bag. That carries less discs but has a big storage pocket on the top of the bag. Both are top notch.

If you wanted the best of both, the Zuca cart with the disc rack and the saddle bags carries a ton of discs with good storage space. 2 of my buddies have these. Lots of good options.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 150
Niced 79 Times in 42 Posts

Several questions to consider:

Do you expect to use the cart exclusively, or will you switch back and forth between a bag and a cart? If you're going to switch, do you look at moving and reorganizing your discs and course equipment as a hassle, or as a welcome chore? Thinking about those two could push you toward a dedicated cart, or a cart that carries an existing bag...

Do you tend to travel light, or travel heavy? Some carts have lots of space for "extra" items like coolers, zip-up packing bags, etc. It's my opinion that empty space tends to get filled up (because nature abhors a vacuum), whether that's extra discs, clothing, more beverages, whatever...My advice is if you want to stay light, don't buy a cart model with a lot of extra nooks and crannies.

Do you want a seat? Do you want it integrated (like being able to sit on the cart, or add a seat), or do you just want to carry a stool?

Does it matter to you if you want to push a cart (like Rovic) or pull a cart (like Zuca).

Lastly, looks do count for something. I've alwasy felt the Rovic looks a little "much" for disc golf (ok, a little bit too "old guy" there, I said it...I admit it's entirely personal bias).

I considered all of the above, and landed on a Zuca Backpack Cart LG.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:42 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 86 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post

Does it matter to you if you want to push a cart (like Rovic) or pull a cart (like Zuca).
Not the OP, but you can't push a Zuca cart? I thought I'd read in a blog review on the different carts and Zucas were listed as push or pull.

Also good analysis, knowing whether the OP wants a cart with disc holder included or a bag that can be taken off, integrated seat or not, etc. are good questoins.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 150
Niced 79 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWimp View Post
Not the OP, but you can't push a Zuca cart? I thought I'd read in a blog review on the different carts and Zucas were listed as push or pull.

Also good analysis, knowing whether the OP wants a cart with disc holder included or a bag that can be taken off, integrated seat or not, etc. are good questoins.
Good point - I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Two wheel carts (like Zuca) CAN be pushed or pulled, but I think they pull a little smoother and better than they push (especially over uneven, rocky ground). Three wheel carts (like Rovic) are meant to be pushed. Users generally swear by how well they push, and how well they handle slopes, uneven fairways, etc.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 120
Niced 29 Times in 17 Posts

Best Cart on the market right now is the Ridge Roller.

https://www.ridgeroller.com/ You can go to the website and build you perfect cart in any crazy combination of colors, finishes, and accessories...

I prefer the cart with the backpack bag so that i can quickly pop it off at courses where carts are not good. The bag has an internal frame so you can sit on it too, on or off the cart. I also run with the putter caddy and ridge fridge... It comes with a rainfly that works with or without the cart... It is the right size for airplane carry-ons, which means you always have a seat in the airport. It has everything!! Heck guys have even built skis that attach to the axle for winter golf here in Wisco.

Have many friends with the new R3 solid box type cart and they love them. Ricky Wysocki is even rolling one now.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 105
Niced 451 Times in 214 Posts

Money no object I am taking on of these with a Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal strapped to it.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:26 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Money no object I am taking on of these with a Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal strapped to it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Gave me lots to consider and think about.

Rocthecourse, I love the idea however it would be a pain to lift 95lbs out of my car or truck each time I play. Would be bada$$ though :-)
Old 07-28-2020, 09:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

GRUYRONILJ

Last edited by DiscologyGus; 07-28-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot744 View Post
Have many friends with the new R3 solid box type cart and they love them. Ricky Wysocki is even rolling one now.

Do you know if the cart has handles to lift the cart if you have to go over any rough terrain?