Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Lighting, #2 Upshot in Prostyle.

Not sure if they were small enough to be a micro company? Currently OOP and would like to see molds get made again in the fact that Gotta Go Gotta Throw Has all of the unsold discs being sold, the molds, and all plastic pellets. The Company got them in a sale of the stuff after orginal Lighting owner died. Gotta Go Gotta Throw was the right one for the buying of it all as they had the Lighting Bags made by outside manufacturing for Lighting. I know as only the non Lighting branded bags of same models were sold on Gotta Go Gotta Throw site at a few dollar less price then the same bags on Lighting site that were not brand, touted on Gotta Go Gotta Throw as the supplier of the same bags to Lighting who just put on logos on about 1/2 of the bags. Though once Lighting owner died then Gotta Go Gotta Throw must have stopped supplying and having a factory make the bags for Lightning.
Fixed so it makes more sense.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,174 Times in 2,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Fixed so it makes more sense.
I'd go back to the drawing board

Niced: (1)
Old 07-10-2020, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 47 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Is that the same group that molded the Tyrant? And if so...what does that mean for the Tyrant...
There are still plans for more Tyrants to my knowledge, despite logistical hurdles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone Discs View Post
Having worked with both AGL and RDG these are both fantastic companies to support. Still bag a Tyrant, Scale and Cypress and love em. I gotta pick up the latest stuff from both companies. Unfortunately we shut down Ozone but well be back one day. I moved from Jersey to Texas for work and we had a fallout with our manufacturer over quality issues so it was the right time to shut it down.
We miss you guys at ozone and element. Long live the original faction! Totally a novel idea that you guys had for the andro, and I still think Element had the best naming scheme and stock stamps ever.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Niced 481 Times in 296 Posts

Kasta, as said earlier, has probably outgrown this role, but I dig them. Bagged the Stal for a while, currently bag the Reko as a thrower.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 55 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
Ozone - shoutout to Jersey!

Are Millenium or Legacy too big? Love the Sirius and the Gauge.
I would say they're too big to be considered a microbrand at this point, though I love my Omegas. I had a mostly Legacy bag a few years ago and loved the Patriot, Outlaw, and Rival. Great plastic from both brands!

Niced: (1)
Old 07-10-2020, 12:18 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,645 Times in 1,316 Posts

Reptilian and Above Ground are very different companies from what I have seen. Jamie has been very proactive with Gateway in getting mold pieces made for specific discs he wants to make, so he's been really hands-on with developing these discs. Above Ground just seems to pick up the results of mix and match mold pieces and markets them; they don't seem nearly as involved in the development phase.

That really didn't bother me until the Baobab came out; Jamie stuck his neck out to get Stego's to market and stuck it out farther to get the mold recreated after the first run sold out. He marketed the crap out of that disc and carved out this unique spot with it. AGL just picked up on that after the fact and now they have the Baobab out to take Stego sales away from Reptilian. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 41
Niced 803 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
I would say they're too big to be considered a microbrand at this point, though I love my Omegas. I had a mostly Legacy bag a few years ago and loved the Patriot, Outlaw, and Rival. Great plastic from both brands!
Legacy is such a region-specific brand. I had never even seen a Legacy disc on a course in my first 2 years of playing. Then I moved 1000 miles away, and it seems like all the good players here bag a ton of Legacy plastic.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,498 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Reptilian and Above Ground are very different companies from what I have seen. Jamie has been very proactive with Gateway in getting mold pieces made for specific discs he wants to make, so he's been really hands-on with developing these discs. Above Ground just seems to pick up the results of mix and match mold pieces and markets them; they don't seem nearly as involved in the development phase.

That really didn't bother me until the Baobab came out; Jamie stuck his neck out to get Stego's to market and stuck it out farther to get the mold recreated after the first run sold out. He marketed the crap out of that disc and carved out this unique spot with it. AGL just picked up on that after the fact and now they have the Baobab out to take Stego sales away from Reptilian. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.
I agree, was interested in AGL before that but that was a low blow.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:10 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,149 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'd go back to the drawing board
I never said makes full Sense , just more.