Old 06-26-2020, 09:35 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
I got an email today with a Refresh Code so I could get a new Pinch. I was told UPD isn't currently using the tickets on the support system so an email is more effective in contacting the company.

I'll keep you all posted on the purchase. It sounds like UPD will start preorders for new Rebels soon so keep an eye out if you're in the market for a new bag.
It's funny, back in early April I really wanted a Rebel but it didn't look likely that we'd be getting new ones anytime soon. So I decided instead to get a BX2 via the Ledgestone Player's Pack, which is to be delivered in late August.

But with the way things seem to be picking up in the UP camp, we may have the Rebel v5 before my BX2 even arrives.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2020, 02:32 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

UP put up another look of the Rebel v5 on Instagram a couple of hours ago!
Old 06-27-2020, 11:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 74 Times in 47 Posts

I got my new Pinch today! The shipping was very quick once my Refresh Code came through. I would totally get a new Rebel but my V3 is still in great shape. Glad to see UPD back in the game.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-28-2020, 03:44 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,150 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
I got my new Pinch today! The shipping was very quick once my Refresh Code came through. I would totally get a new Rebel but my V3 is still in great shape. Glad to see UPD back in the game.
That is nice to hear, I do like the design of the bags. If I could have found one I wanted in 2018 I would have gotten it. Bag was when I tried the thing on in a store in 2014, the best bag I ever used, however at the time I was not needing a new disc golf bag and when I was, they were sold out of that model in 2018 but only that model I wanted to use for my Vertex angler Backpack's seat. I might get that one bag for my seat someday when my current bag fails. It seems like the bag model I am currently using is not coming back into production again, be it just due to the Corona Virus or permanently.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

My Rebel V2 has been tearing at one of the shoulder straps. The seam where the right backpack strap attaches to the bag on top has been coming apart slowly, starting about a year and a half ago. I got the bag in the middle of 2015, and it's seen hundreds of rounds. I'm amazed how well the strap is still working and how slowly the stitching is coming undone, when it started tearing I was sure I only had a few more rounds with the bag. Somehow it's still going strong and at least half the strap is attached. The build quality is STRONG with this one. Whenever the strap finally gives out I'll have to refresh to the V5. Since it started tearing I've probably played at least 50 rounds.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:12 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 121 Times in 74 Posts
Default Purchased UPD V2 Pinch on July 3rd...

10 days later it arrived broken in half, folded in a tiny box

Been in touch with their Customer Service, supposedly a new unbroken V2 Pinch is on its way.

Saturday July 25th, not here. Hope for Monday. Not stoked.

Link to thread with 0 replies:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=137040
Old 07-30-2020, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 882 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCready View Post
20+ months with my Rebel and its like new. None of the stitching shows any signs of stress whatsoever. Really refreshing when any product nowadays shows this kind of craftsmanship and quality. I love everything about this bag.
Hundreds of rounds played now. It gets dirty from being placed on the ground a lot, other than that its like new. Im not just satisfied with this bag, Im kind of amazed. I dont think Ill need another bag ever.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:27 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 150
Niced 80 Times in 43 Posts

I agree with all the praise for the Rebel (V4, 1+ year here). The only thing I haven't figured out is the lowest disc pocket of the three verticals. Pictures show 2-3 discs in there, but for me they always get hung up against the tops of the discs in the main compartment. Does anyone else have this issue? If love to know how other Rebel owners set up their bags.

For me it's:
Top pocket: 2 (putter, approach)
Middle pocket: 1 - 2 (mid)
Lowest pocket: 0 - 1 (approach)
Main compartment: 15ish
Old 07-31-2020, 11:27 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 56
Niced 99 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
The only thing I haven't figured out is the lowest disc pocket of the three verticals.
I used a Rebel for a couple years before I changed to a Shift and I had the same setup as you. After a year of using the third pocket I got tired of it interfering with the main compartment and just went ahead and used a couple strips of velcro to hold it shut. Just used the two top pockets (4 discs) and the main compartment (16-18 discs).

Loved the Rebel, it was like new condition when I gave it to a friend. It did a great job and was pretty comfortable . . . but man o man, the Shift is so much *more* comfortable. Can't be beat if you can live with fewer discs.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 882 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
I agree with all the praise for the Rebel (V4, 1+ year here). The only thing I haven't figured out is the lowest disc pocket of the three verticals. Pictures show 2-3 discs in there, but for me they always get hung up against the tops of the discs in the main compartment. Does anyone else have this issue? If love to know how other Rebel owners set up their bags.

For me it's:
Top pocket: 2 (putter, approach)
Middle pocket: 1 - 2 (mid)
Lowest pocket: 0 - 1 (approach)
Main compartment: 15ish
I completely forgot this was a complaint of mine when I first got my Rebel. Ive gotten so used to it that I had to go check just now to confirm its actually still happening. It helped when I removed the divider, and I only carry 11 discs in the main compartment, so they stand less upright. Also Im in the habit of firmly jamming my discs back into that lower pocket so they dont get stuck. I dont notice an issue anymore. My setup:
Top: 1 putter
Middle: 3 distance drivers
Bottom: 3 fairway drivers
Main: 11 drivers, mids & putters

If people report this is greatly improved with the v5, I might use that as an excuse to upgrade just to have a sweet new bag. But honestly its not something I even think about anymore.