Old 09-15-2020, 02:32 PM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Something I have seen is people talk about adding more frame to the Rover to have a seat on it. This is the big one is they raised up the two bottle holders with a piece of thin plywood that they spray painted black and used a thin layer of spray clear coat on top to protect the wood. The cart bottle holders even from what I see online, sit way too low.

The bottle holders are way too low. I took them off on mine cause they were so bent front getting hung up on things. I’ve had to take mine apart 3 times now to put more lock tight. They really should have made everything with lock washers cause there is so much wiggle on my handle even with lock tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2020, 06:12 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,147 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
The bottle holders are way too low. I took them off on mine cause they were so bent front getting hung up on things. I’ve had to take mine apart 3 times now to put more lock tight. They really should have made everything with lock washers cause there is so much wiggle on my handle even with lock tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it comes apart in the parts you do not want the cart to, then get Loctite Pro or extra strength. Almost guarantied to not come off then, if you feel even that is not really going to work as in already are using that, then get the type of nut so you can use lock washers to hold the parts together.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,147 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyooMac View Post
When I was considering the Rover I spoke to a few people who owned them, and took a look at theirs. I really doubt the frame is strong enough to support a seat. It felt like lightweight aluminum tubing (sort of like old school tent poles), not the steel that you find in Zuca. Pieces are fit together without a lot of welding, so there's a fair amount of shimmy and shake over rough ground, and torque when you pull it around corners. Lastly, it's REALLY low - and you might find some problems with mud and roots.

My takeaway was that the Rover was really good at being a lightweight low rolling platform to pull a bag around on, but it's not built to be anything more than that.
Thanks. I thought stronger aluminum for the frame like that used for some Skateboards or folding scooters but now I know, I saw they did not have much welded but I thought better then that.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:00 PM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
If it comes apart in the parts you do not want the cart to, then get Loctite Pro or extra strength. Almost guarantied to not come off then, if you feel even that is not really going to work as in already are using that, then get the type of nut so you can use lock washers to hold the parts together.
Yeah I'm going to but I wish it shipped with the correct washers so I don't have to modify it.

Niced: (1)