Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have a really flat amp that flies like a logical step between switch and inertia. I also have a domey one that flies more like an innova disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 125
Niced 89 Times in 55 Posts

I find it strange that some consider Amp as similar and in between the Switch and Inertia. I find both the Switch and Inertia to both be very easy to throw and control. My Amp always wanted to fade out early on me. The more I read others opinions though I think I may have just gotten an exceptionally beefy one. I almost want to give it another try to see if I get a less stable one but I'm kinda lovin' my River for that slot so don't really need one.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got your amp. I have medium power and love the disc for s curves. I hate pink and gave it my daughter, but it is in my bag til a red one comes lol. From the plh description of the super beefy ones, this is not one of them.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,727 Times in 2,961 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised, judging from what people have said and my own experience throwing early MVP, if they mixed up a couple stacks of shocks and amps when they were stamping them. Some of the early shocks were downright flippish and ive thrown a couple amps that didn't turnover a bit. thoughts?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised, judging from what people have said and my own experience throwing early MVP, if they mixed up a couple stacks of shocks and amps when they were stamping them. Some of the early shocks were downright flippish and ive thrown a couple amps that didn't turnover a bit. thoughts?
I don't think they mixed up the discs. That would be stupid. I have a first run white amp and it isnt a meathook. Its just right.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive heard that the first run white amps were too overstable, and that is what I have. Just another stormtrooper that always is off.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 115 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
A Shock and an Amp really look a lot different. If this was the case we surely would have seen some pictures here by now.

My first tester Amp was a stormtrooper. It is a little HSS for an Amp, but it is still a turning disc. It's also not my most HSS Amp (I have a heavy yellow that is a little more stable).
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
The overmolds have the name of the model on it. Even if they miss stamped it, it would easily be identified for what it is.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,328 Times in 881 Posts

My Amp took about 6 months to season to the point where it was turning more than my Volt, now I can see what everyones talking about. The switch I've got is much easier to handle out of the box, it's also 6g lighter, I'm also sure in 6 months it will lose stability too.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:27 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 27
Niced 118 Times in 71 Posts

I bought an Amp a few months after they were released and the one i got then was totally different than my first runs, out of the box it turned over much more easily and quickly broke in to be a long turnover.. Now it flips so easily i have to be careful not to throw it too low.

My switch reminds me of my first run Amps being slightly more stable than expected.. but i have only thrown them 2-3 times so they may just need a round or two. If the snow ever melts.