#2021  
Old 04-29-2020, 09:57 PM
Monocacy's Avatar
Monocacy Monocacy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,143
Niced 1,466 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Apparently he doesn't throw your bag anymore.
Heh. Oh I think we still have a fair amount of overlap.

And, in other news, I am very interested to hear what folks think about the Reactor.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Monocacy; 04-29-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2022  
Old 04-29-2020, 10:22 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,005
Niced 1,319 Times in 876 Posts
Unhappy sorry I snagged that inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Apparently he doesn't throw your bag anymore.

Gyro thread is kinda dead lately, I guess all y'all are butt-hurt over them dropping molds. Envy is still my primary throwing putter and my seasoned 168g N Inertia is kinda magical. Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate it with new or used Inertias I've tried.
Haha, I know.. I've got a couple 155, 157 white (i hear those are the money) first run inertias that are awesome. I just got a 159 white off Monocacy

Have you tried the insanity's? I was thinking about it in but I'm hesitant... I have a bunch of inertias I wouldn't say they are all over the place but it's tough getting a new one to where mine are now and I can't shop in person and check PLH. I got a 165 plasma insanity but it didn't handle the same, I feel like it would get there if I didn't lose that thing with its stupid dirty gold color first.

Ps loving the ohm tonight

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2023  
Old 04-29-2020, 10:28 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,699
Niced 1,476 Times in 761 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha, I know.. I've got a couple 155, 157 white (i hear those are the money) first run inertias that are awesome. I just got a 159 white off Monocacy

Have you tried the insanity's? I was thinking about it in but I'm hesitant... I have a bunch of inertias I wouldn't say they are all over the place but it's tough getting a new one to where mine are now and I can't shop in person and check PLH. I got a 165 plasma insanity but it didn't handle the same, I feel like it would get there if I didn't lose that thing with its stupid dirty gold color first.
I've actually been bagging a N Insanity around the same weight lately and it just doesn't flip up as sweet as my money Inertia. Threw them both doing field work yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. I have a few Insanitys as well, searching for the magic.
Reply With Quote
  #2024  
Old 04-29-2020, 10:40 PM
Monocacy's Avatar
Monocacy Monocacy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,143
Niced 1,466 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I've actually been bagging a N Insanity around the same weight lately and it just doesn't flip up as sweet as my money Inertia. Threw them both doing field work yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. I have a few Insanitys as well, searching for the magic.
Have you tried Plasma Insanity? That's the magic disc, imo.
Reply With Quote
  #2025  
Old 04-29-2020, 10:57 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,699
Niced 1,476 Times in 761 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Have you tried Plasma Insanity? That's the magic disc, imo.
I got this one used 8+/10 but it scaled at 176g and it's almost puddle top. Been a while since I threw it but I think I remember it being less stable than my others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200429_214848.jpg (98.0 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2026  
Old 04-29-2020, 11:08 PM
Monocacy's Avatar
Monocacy Monocacy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,143
Niced 1,466 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I got this one used 8+/10 but it scaled at 176g and it's almost puddle top. Been a while since I threw it but I think I remember it being less stable than my others.
Hmm, never seen a puddle top Plasma Insanity before. Most of mine have a little shoulder and then a gentle dome.
Reply With Quote
  #2027  
Old 04-29-2020, 11:25 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,699
Niced 1,476 Times in 761 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Hmm, never seen a puddle top Plasma Insanity before. Most of mine have a little shoulder and then a gentle dome.
I'll maybe post some profile pics of it with an N and a P. My proton actually has the higher dome. P Insanity was actually my intro to gyro drivers and it's definitely easy distance. I found that Inertia in a used bin and like the flatter profile for FH.

How can you identify a first run Inertia? I have one other that is close to my fave but it's grass green so I don't bag it.
Reply With Quote
  #2028  
Old 04-29-2020, 11:28 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,005
Niced 1,319 Times in 876 Posts
Default

Hmmm I would call my insanity more of a flat top with an "edgy" shoulder line right where the inside of the rim is.

Only way I know my inertias are first run is because I remember buying them. First driver available in sub 170g weights. It was either with my dealer order when I spread the love in 2011.. 2012? or shortly after. I was just as excited for those as regular production Ions. Have you tried the plasma inertia?

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 04-29-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2029  
Old 04-29-2020, 11:38 PM
Monocacy's Avatar
Monocacy Monocacy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,143
Niced 1,466 Times in 577 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I'll maybe post some profile pics of it with an N and a P. My proton actually has the higher dome. P Insanity was actually my intro to gyro drivers and it's definitely easy distance. I found that Inertia in a used bin and like the flatter profile for FH.
I get preferring a flatter profile for FH, flatter discs just seems to release more cleanly.

The Neutron Insanitys that I have seem to be flatter than their Plasma brethren. I don't know if that is why I prefer how the Plasmas fly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
How can you identify a first run Inertia? I have one other that is close to my fave but it's grass green so I don't bag it.
I dunno runs but Inertia was approved in 2014 and it has been a few years since I used Inertia as my main DD, so . . .

Last edited by Monocacy; 04-29-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #2030  
Old 04-30-2020, 12:08 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,005
Niced 1,319 Times in 876 Posts
Default

Haha I was thinking about that.. The volts came in on my dealer order, I know I awaited the inertia because of the weight. Two very solid discs out of the gate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.